YFZ Central banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my carb off and was going to do the zip tie mod, but I can't get it to bind together and have enough clearance. Someone post up some pics of how you did this mod.

I also read that you can use a o-ring or safety wire, are they as good as a zip tie?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
http://yfz450.theatvchannel.com/invision/i...showtopic=86402

bending the spring is an option. i would do spring bend then safety wire then zip tie then o ring in most reputable to least because the spring is a permanent fix, safety wire might cut through the plastic... eventually, the zip tie breaks and the o ring stretches

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Joester @ Feb 17 2009, 06:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=747589
http://yfz450.theatvchannel.com/invision/i...showtopic=86402

bending the spring is an option. i would do spring bend then safety wire then zip tie then o ring in most reputable to least because the spring is a permanent fix, safety wire might cut through the plastic... eventually, the zip tie breaks and the o ring stretches[/b]
I am just wondering how people got a zip tie in there to where it was not in the way. Don't really feel like cutting that spring and the spring from R&D is $30 to my door and I am broke as a joke.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did see them ( on the 4th page) , I have really small zip ties and the box hits the cover. Guess I will have to go to the store and see if I can find some zip ties with smaller boxes. :wtf:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
yes +2 and 18" tires in this pic

bigger then this? What do want a pic of?

click on the pic to make it bigger

20"tires dirty pic

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Grant says his has been safety wired for years now if he didnt say that I would think it might cut through also. Then again maybe he doesnt hit the throttle and just idles around the track.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (crooks @ Feb 17 2009, 06:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=747612
Grant says his has been safety wired for years now if he didnt say that I would think it might cut through also. Then again maybe he doesnt hit the throttle and just idles around the track.[/b]
I have a LSR +2 swinger for my bike, just wanted to see what it was going to look like with the 18" tires......Looks awesome!! Can't wait to get mine back together!!

lol.....he must of added the roost to his sig pic.

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
QUOTE (crooks @ Feb 17 2009, 06:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=747612
Grant says his has been safety wired for years now if he didnt say that I would think it might cut through also. Then again maybe he doesnt hit the throttle and just idles around the track.[/b]
Hey, easy now!! :bawling: :mhihi:

Mine has been tied with safety wire for probably 3 years or so now. I haven't had the cover off of it in a while, so I don't know if it's cut into it or not. Next time I am messing with the carb, I'll try to remember to check.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts