YFZ Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a zero preload setup be better than let's say a pep limited mass front end for the yfz? Gonna run +1" a arms. Limited mass $750, revalve rear shock $275. vs. almost 1800$$ for zero pre load. I understand that the cornering will be improved with zps. What are the negatives with zps?\

Comes down to 1025$$ vs. 1800$$ :sup

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
You dont need a brand new rear shock to get a rear zps. You can get your rear rebuilt to zps for around $350. And front zps shocks will only come out to a $150 or so more I believe.

I will never buy another set of suspension unless its zps. Lowering your quads balance makes such a difference.

The only negative is that your frame ground clearance is lower, but this is usally never a problem.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Are you going to run Hiper wheels? If so try to go with a stock width set of a-arms, if you go with longtravel +1 is all i could find, If you get elka's even with zps you can make the ride height where you want it, but it will take up some down travel if you set the height to high. I dont have a problem, but wish i had about 1" less on each side.. if you get 4+1 wheels you can make up the difference, Hipers are 3.5+1.5 . Unless you get honda hubs from say hardkor or someone else, and run Honda hipers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts