YFZ Central banner

YZF450X oil type - don't kill me

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  viking757 
#1 ·
Ok, I get it, this has been discussed to exhaustion but every thread I read gets me more and more confused. My plan was to use Rotella as I have used it in basically every other machine I have owned with great results and intend to do the same with this quad unless someone has a good reason not to. With that being said I am hearing from some that you can't use full synthetic due to the clutches. Is that the case? If so am I ok with a semi-synthetic or should I stick to conventional? Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

#4 ·
Do what you want,your gonna anyway. I could care less.. I'm not here to argue..go to Facebook for that. I'm stating that the OEM oil is what the factory recommended and I never had engine problems from the oil that is recommended and I've been working on motors and racing MX for 30 yrs pal.

#13 ·
I have shut down every false statement you have made. Now you try to build a different argument using another logical fallacy.

It is better to just stop losing now, but I will shut this down too. On KTM Talk, Mike Alessi’s team years ago came out and said they use Rotella even though they were sponsored by Maxima. This debate is decades old and has the data to back it up.

Just do research and make an informed statement rather than some random anecdotal/made up nonsense that you have been spattering.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.