Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What all do I need to do this mod besides the yz springs

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
What all do I need to do this mod besides the yz springs
Funny I was researching this exact mod on my 07 right now.

First... are you doing a full rebuild? Springs fibers and plates? If so this is for the yz450f and should work great. Part # 24

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oemparts/a/yam/50045fc6f8700209bc794f2a/clutch

If not you will need to get one fiber plate to replace the half fiber and wavy washer thats in there now. That will make 8 fibers and 7 plates. Instead of 7.5 & 7.

Also I assume you want the stiffer yz450f springs?

I recommend the pep ez pull arm ad well since now the clutch will pull harder.

http://www.baldwinmotorsports.com/products/power-pull-clutch-arm-yfz450

Tried to throw our fprum vendors a bone but I didnt see the ez pull arm or factory yamaha clutch parts on thier sites.

·
Registered
579 Posts
and if you have the budget a hydraulic clutch kit works great streamline makes one

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes im redoing the whole thing. So I will need all the normal yfz fibers and steels plus one more fiber to replace the half fiber and washer and just the springs from the yz. Does it matter what year yz springs

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And I already have the pep ez pull clutch arm

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Yes im redoing the whole thing. So I will need all the normal yfz fibers and steels plus one more fiber to replace the half fiber and washer and just the springs from the yz. Does it matter what year yz springs
The kit in the link is from a yz and had all 8 fibers, 7 steels, 6 springs (stiffer yz ones), and a clutch gasket I crossed to the atv to make sure it was the same (it is). I ordered mine last night

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.