YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how much you paid for the YZ cam mod. Including prices for parts and installation. I called my dealer and they said that the I have to buy both the cams and that would run $350.00, and the intallation would be around 3-4 hours ($200.00). I thought five fifty sound steep for two cams, gaskets and a install. :yfz

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
i dont know where you are located.... but if you are near us.....

cam $130
install $45
let me know if i can help

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm located in Rock Springs Wyoming. Is the 130 dollars for both cams? Or do I even need to replace both? My dealer said that I have to replace both of my cams for YZ cams. $45 dollars for install?!!! Wow I'm getting ripped off! Where can I buy these cams for such a cheep price? Thanks for telling me, I really appriciate it!!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by Sanman@Nov 23 2003, 09:25 PM
I'm located in Rock Springs Wyoming. Is the 130 dollars for both cams? Or do I even need to replace both? My dealer said that I have to replace both of my cams for YZ cams. $45 dollars for install?!!! Wow I'm getting ripped off! Where can I buy these cams for such a cheep price? Thanks for telling me, I really appriciate it!!
Don't listen to your dealer - listen to the people that have done it.

You only need the exhaust cam. Call Bob @ 1-877-234-3337 for the cam.

As far as install, it's not that tough a project. Come over to Utah and I'll help ya for free.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Originally posted by Sanman@Nov 23 2003, 11:25 PM
the intake cam is the EXACT SAME..... you only need to replace the exhaust cam as selector said

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Like selector said you can buy the ex cam from Bob at Magnolia for like $110 bucks and I bet you I could install it in about 15 mins with all the experience I have had in my engine in the last few days :uhoh

And I would do it for free or suggest that you do it yourself, its really easy.

Scott

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by Pahrump@Nov 24 2003, 09:59 AM
I bet you I could install it in about 15 mins with all the experience I have had in my engine in the last few days...
No frigg'n joke man!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts