Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Yz 250

Votes: 8 28.6%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built this for my son and really seems to be a great turning and running quad due to its 30lbs lighter im sure its what hes getting for christmas this year. It was a fun build using the stock yfz oil tank as well it looks like it came that way from the factory only a sharp eye would know the difference,and i could build any hybrid quad if your willing to pay for my time im a metal fabricator/gearhead and have been riding since age 8 anything with two three or four wheels

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have seriously considered putting the 2 stroke ktm 300xcw in a yfzr roller. Havent started hunting down all the parts yet. Figured I could part out the rest of the bike parts once build is complete. Maybe my next winter project.

Reactions: Aussie Luke

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I doubt the yz250 two stroke transmission would hold up in a quad. Not the strongest in the bike as is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ill have to pull it out and take some pics,it looks stock only a sharp eye will spot its not a 450 the long dirtbike kick starter gives it away and i was surprised by the power its not low end grunt like the 450 but rev it and it goes and gearing is spot on i was doing a double in same gear as my ktm quad just more on the gas but it steers like no quad ive ridden its sharp and turns on a dime im sure do to the lighter weight and since it has inspired a couple friends to build there own they are xc racers im like it would be perfect on tight trails. Im going to let one of em borrow it to run a rodeo so it will be interesting to hear his thoughts after the race but in theory it would race in same class as 350 warriors and blasters at our local mx tracks and stock a 250f already makes more hp then a 400 ex

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice build! Much better than a raptor 250

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.