YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there guys. I have a 2014 YFZ450r se and have been trying to figure this one out for a while, always a very controversial topic but i can't decide which exhaust. Either a Yoshimura RS-2 Comp series full exhaust, a Rossier full exhaust, or a FMF Factory 4.1 exhaust with a MegaBomb header. Price wise there all pretty much equal. I just can't decide, I have them pretty much narrowed down to those 3 brands. I do have a 96 decibel limit, and i know the rossier is usually louder than that, but by how much? Because around me you don't get stopped and checked the guys sit and drive around in the car with their windows up due to the dust so im not too worried about it compared to some of my friends who have 2 stroke shorty pipes that scream louder than anything i have ever heard. So what really comes down in the exhaust is added horsepower and build quality. If you know how loud the Rossier really is than feel free to share. Please just give me your input on which exhaust you would chose, and why. And just an added note, is there a decibel limit in races? Because I would like to race down here in California and I never see any of the pros running Rossier exhausts (I havnt really looked that hard) but i never really see them running one so i was wondering if there is a decibel limit at races in Southern California if you know. Thank you so much for your responce, have a good day!
8)

·
Registered
54 Posts
My buddy has a full rossier on his 14' Yfzr and I have yet to hear something louder. Its kind of obnoxious but it does sound great. Very exotic sounding, but ill say it again it is definitely the loudest. It gave him a pretty nice jump in HP too but you're definitely going to need a power commander.

·
Registered
219 Posts
id recommend the yoshi, or the new FMF maybe, sounds liek people get good low end gains, but no dyno proof yet to my knowledge. Im not a fan of really loud exhausts. A when your behind them in staging they drive you nuts. and B your neighbors, and all the anti offroad people will only have more to bug us about. and C when I warm it up in my shop, waiting to check the oil, loud can get annoying.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
If I made it sound as though I was hating on particular pipes, that wasn´t my intention, but the OP clearly stated that they had a 96dB limit, so the Rossier pipe is clearly not suitable for their application.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Some people, because of their area, location or needs, dont understand that some of us cant go with loud pipes. In my area there is 2 mx tracks close to some houses...and the track marshalls enforce the db level a lot because they have to keep the complaint near zero....

·
Registered
35 Posts
I do a lot of street bike..and a lot of small town near here are starting to ban motorcycles because of exhaust sound. My sportbike has an akra. Little louder than stock. But try to imagine your sunday afternoon on a patio with some friends..when there is constantly a bunch of Harleys passing by with 50/50 pipes...you cant even hear yourself talking..... this is why we need to be carefull about db level and riding spot/area guys.
To each his own.... For a trail quad..does a 1hp gain worth 10 db more????
Not for me except if its a race quad

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have an RS2 with quiet core and I think I would lose my hearing if it was any louder. Very nice fit and finish and the silencer body is holding up well to nicks and dents. Very happy with my purchase.
Did you notice a nice gain in hp? Better low end and top end? And did you just get the exhaust, or did u get an FCI and a fuel optimizer or just the exhaust? Sorry for all the questions just trying to make the right decision here 8)

·
Registered
57 Posts
+1 on the Yoshi. I love mine. I have the quiet core out and its plenty loud. Great increase in power with FCI and MSD.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
I have a Vortex, FCI with box and AIS delete and Yoshi quiet core. Info at bottom of my post. I got an awesome power increase across the powerband and a killer topend. With these 4 upgrades the quad is completly different from stock. It's easier to lug in 3rd, 4th & 5th gears on slower tight sections of trails. When you get into open high speed areas because the Vortex's higher rev limit it feels like it has another gear on the top end. I ride dunes 30% of the time and National Forest 70% of the time and I think this is a perfect setup. I do get lots of looks rolling through the parking lots at my local riding areas. I am louder than the majority of riders who ride in national forest in my area. If you are in a sound sensitive area do not buy a louder pipe! Overall very happy with my big three choices. If you want to keep your metal breather pipe and cable holders use a 2013 holder/bracket as your AIS delete option. You will have to shorten the small hose off the head 1/2" on the small diameter side of the rubber hose. Hope this helps with your choice.

·
Registered
535 Posts
First let me start by saying I came from riding banshees and hated the loudnesss of the 4stroke exhaust.
I went with the Barkers and didnt get the quite core and dont think its crazy loud and I love it and think with the quite core it is supposed to be at the 96 db level.
A guy I ride with has the fmf w/powerbomb and personally think it is very quite but it is not the RCT model.
If it was me I would go with the Yosh out of the 3 you posted with the RCT model of the fmf very close second. Im not a fan of the look of the rossier so I wouldnt go for just that reason besides it being very loud.
Now besides all of that i think that at the $389 price point for the full Yosh from KBmotorsports and I think tqs has the same price you cant beat it. Again this is just my .02.
GL which ever waay you go.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
At the end of the movie you can hear my Yoshi with a quiet core. It sounds better in person and my camera phone's mic isn't very good. Also if you want to see how the Vortex solves the bog issue.

Watch some of the other movies for sound. The pipe is louder than what you hear in the GoPro movies because it was totally enclosed verse using the ported door.

2014 YFZ 450R Bog Test #3

http://youtu.be/i_-Uu44D5Z4]2014

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.