YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
I am running the tri oval stainless pipe and header. Feels great to me. Yoshimura in my opinion makes the best free flowing exhaust. They also have an optional TEC kit which comes with two different internal tips to reduce noise if you want to go somewhere that is BLM happy. I have used them on street bikes and a few dirt bikes also. One of the big advantages of the Yoshi is it moves the bend of the head pipe up a little. Anyone with a YFZ knows how hot the stock head pipe gets jetted or not. I can now ride in shorts if I want. The look of the tri oval, also does it for me. It is much flasher than any exhaust in my opinion. Not flashy just clean and classy. It looks like it belongs on an expensive street bike.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the feed back. If you do not mind, where did you find the tri oval pipe and header, and how much did it cost??? Do you notice a difference in low, mid, and top range? Can you hook up the stock heat shield back on the header?? I like the look also. Concerned with performance :D

·
Registered
921 Posts
i put the trioval slipon on my 02gsxr an it made the thing fly, it was top notch too, awsome sounding, i dont know about the yfz buut i know yoshi makes great pipes just my .02 :rock :yfz

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the Yoshi full exhaust (tri oval) as well. I have to agree it is the best looking pipe out there by far. As far as performance all the pipes are pretty equal, maybe a different sound but equal around 10 hp. I ordered mine at the So. Cal. sand show last Sep. and got a 20% discount because I went through Roll Design/ IMS and bought about $800 in additional parts. Oh....and yes the stock heat shield fits right on the headder (it was slightly off but doable).

·
Registered
264 Posts
The pipe increased the bottom to mid range and the header increased the top end. Ya, I felt it everwhere. I also have the big bore intake flange w K&N filterfrom Noss. You can find everything on ebay. The exhaust was $420 shipped. Jetting is 45 pilot and 175 main you can go 5th clip on the needle or 4th on the yz450fr needle. Runs great looks good. Hell, I love it. It's my new love. Just don't tell my fiance.

·
Registered
34 Posts
in dirt wheels the best pipes for the yfz were the dr.d and the hmf pipes the hmf pipe gave it a tiny bit more power but they tied in the shootout because the hmf pipe was louder 103db to 99db but i like my w00ter LOUD and they just came out with a new quiet core thats only 20 bucks if you have trouble at your local riding area :smile:

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Originally posted by dannunz@May 3 2006, 06:13 AM
dont forget the yoshi was not in that shoot out :strokin:  and the hmf did not come in second :wtf:
[snapback]419894[/snapback]​
it had a DNF because it was too loud. it produced more power then any of the pipes, but they were :loser: and thought it was too loud.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Originally posted by fast_man58@May 3 2006, 06:35 AM
it had a DNF because it was too loud.  it produced more power then any of the pipes, but they were  :loser:  and thought it was too loud.
[snapback]419938[/snapback]​
i think you are agreeing with me :icon_bolt:

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Originally posted by dannunz@May 3 2006, 09:11 AM
i think you are agreeing with me :icon_bolt:
[snapback]419951[/snapback]​
haha you make it sound like its a bad thing :icon_eek:

i dont really go by thoes magizines anyway. never have been impressed by their "shootouts" of quad or pipes or anything :disgust: .

·
Registered
55 Posts
i have a yoshimura oval slip stanless steel on on my 2003 predator and i love it. lot lot lot of low and mid range ,unique sound, great look and i did lot of miles with it and never get any trouble like my friend with is w\b pure polaris.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the carbon fiber/stainless tri-oval on my '05 YFZ. It is loud without one of the tec kits in it and yes there is a noticeable difference with the insert in but you can always take it out when you want to. Think about this, how many of those other companies make pipes for crotch rockets? Yosh has been in the 4 stroke business for a long time, can't go wrong with yosh.

·
Registered
55 Posts
, can't go wrong with yosh.

[snapback]423982[/snapback]​
[/quote]
you are right
nice bike!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Did the TEC kit come w the carbon/stainless tri oval?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Originally posted by OCR@May 11 2006, 06:26 AM
Did the TEC kit come w the carbon/stainless tri oval?
[snapback]424110[/snapback]​
Mine did not but my neighbors did. I believe that they are supposed to come with the medium insert.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I still have my tri oval full system. i just took it off because i got an nmotion pipe. It sounded nice and had nice power. all my buddies with yfz's have this pipe. I paid about 500 for it. i just wanted more power. My new pipe is loud but i love that sound. No complaints at all. But i didnt have any either with my yosh. I still dont know wether i wanna sell it or not. its still in good ass condition. :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
83 Posts
And the carbon-fiber pipes look nice, but not worth it for me. You have to repack them about every 20 hours or less if not you'll burn a hole in it. So in the long run end up costing more money.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts