YFZ Central banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havnt herd anone talking about the yoshi pipe. I would like to think what yoou all think of it. I herd it weighs 3.8 punds or somthing??? plus it looks awsome :lol

thanx for the info!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I just this day ordered two of them.

$299 each from Rocky mountain + free delivery, no sales tax out of Colorado. Guaranteed delivery Tuesday before Christmas.

The silencer kit has both a medium and low sound insert with spark arrester. Kinda cool I think.

The Yoshis are excellent on the YZ, so I think naturally will be good on the YFZ.

Also, the Yoshi has a provision to mount the heat sheilds. If ya read the posts on riders getting their pants lit on fire here in YFZcentral,, you'll understand the need for the heat shield on the silencer extension pipe.

I called Yoshi to get the exact part no's and some info. They were helpfull, not really friendly or patient,, but helpfull.

They don't answer e mails.

The cheapest retail place to buy them is: The Racers Edge in Simi Valley Calif.

·
Registered
94 Posts
heres my full yoshi exhaust, i love the sound,the power,the look, i paid $429 from Duncan back in august.

·
Registered
865 Posts
does it make good down low power? how loud is it compared to hmf? also whats the power like compared to an hmf?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I wouldnt know, I dont know anybody with a HMF exhaust. All I can say is that Nobody in NJ as yet to beat me in a drag race. Well until my 450R arrives...lol. Seriously, I am real happy with the Yoshi exhaust, it gives you more all around power....but i do think I may have lost a lil bit up top end..maybe just my imagination..

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by Karizz@Dec 20 2003, 10:53 AM
I wouldnt know, I dont know anybody with a HMF exhaust. All I can say is that Nobody in NJ as yet to beat me in a drag race. Well until my 450R arrives...lol. Seriously, I am real happy with the Yoshi exhaust, it gives you more all around power....but i do think I may have lost a lil bit up top end..maybe just my imagination..
Are you running it with no silencer in it?

Yoshi offers a low and medium sound insert. Are you using one of them?

Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
i have just the spark arrestor,which is just the end cap with a screen.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looks awsome!! how would all you yfz onwers compare the pipes.... wich pipes have u riddin with....wich pipes have u raced....wich pipe u bought...all of the following would be greatly appreciatied and helpful

thanx

·
Registered
168 Posts
The Yoshi Hats are shirts are on my kids Christmas list too.

If ya can't get them locally, they're available online from Yoshi.

Some Yoshi cloths have the Japanese cartoon type cuts, and style, looks cool.

I stopped off at the local Yamaha dealer and talked to a Yoshi owner and he said it's excellent.

Comes with the heat shield on the slip on.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I have the yoshi pipe as well. It is 3.8 lbs, passed a DB inspection by the rangers at Glamis yesterday at 95.4 dbs, and produces great power everywhere in the band. I'd recommend it to anyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
velocity, where did you get your exhaust system and how much was it? also did you order your graphic kit from your dealer? where did you get the ac propegs and how much were they please. thanks for the help.

bike looks great

1 - 14 of 14 Posts