YFZ Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thank you KB Motorsports for the excellent customer service and great price!

Question about the brackets are mine mismatched with rounded and square corners? Do the brackets match on other Pro pipes?

Construction is excellent! Check out the CNC header mount!

·
Registered
535 Posts
sarcasm will get you nowhere fast here, sometimes it takes a little while to get a response on the forum just be patient. Rounded or square edges that is a good question though.you pretty much have the same setup as me except for I had the full Barkers instead of Yoshimura

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm a little confused as to how you think i'm being sarcastic when i'm trying to show appreciation for any help. Please don't detract from my post. Thank you!

·
Registered
535 Posts
I wasn't detracting that's what it looks like when you post something like that one day later. Hope you get your answer it does seem odd that one is rounded at the other squared off

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks lucky!

That is exactly what I was looking for!

PWeeZy42....No problem

What do you guys think? Did they run short and put on what ever they had on hand?

Anyone else have different brackets?

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yoshimura has changed their design with the brackets however, you don't see them!

I haven't seen any good photos of the titanium rs 2 so here you go! This is an awesome pipe! Two installation notes I cut a hole in my fender so it didn't rub on the rear bracket. Very easy to do with a dremel and a sanding drum. Second there is a bracket between the grab bar and frame pull this out and use two washers because the bracket will hit the side of your muffler.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
kilroy, I'd have to look at my brackets to be sure, but I think they're both rounded on the corners. Also, my Yoshimura badge on my head pipe only had the four corners tacked on, and the center of the badge was kind of bowed up, and I thought it looked ugly, so I removed it. If it would've had the tack welds in the center like yours, I probably would've left it. It seems as though they have some deviation in their process...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I checked my brackets... They´re both rounded on the corners. Looks like yours might have gotten put together on a Friday... Looks like the guy assembling your muffler just wanted to make it home in time for supper...

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Standard81 when did you buy your pipe?

I just got the latest version because Yoshimura has been sold out of the titanium version for a while. Below is a photo of some of the parts that they use to build the silencers. The square edge front bracket saves on their machine time and all new pipes will come this way per Doug at Yoshimura.

One note when warm the header almost matches the blue plastic and the ti at the rear of the header becomes really gold colored...looks awesome. I thought I might need a heat shield for the header however, in jeans you can't even feel half the heat you feel with the stock exhaust and your leg is positioned pretty far from the pipe. I'm very happy with the purchase!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.