YFZ Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night was riding. Hit a bump kinda fast & shook the bike kinda hard. It started bogging out & died. Won't fire up. It'll start for a sec & big out. This the second time it's done this. The first time was a while back. Was riding through the trails slow sliding around & hit a stump & put the quad on its side. Picked it up & was bogging out bad but managed to get it home. Wasn't far. Next day turned it on & fired up like nothing & ride perfectly fine till today. Please help

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Checked timing all good. Checked valve clearance & good. Put a new spark plug. I can get it to idle. I give it gas & it either dies or revs up but bogging bad

·
Registered
834 Posts
What's the battery voltage look like?

·
Registered
834 Posts
It was dead after trying so hard but I'd get cables to jump it
Charge that completely. All FI Yamaha's don't fire the injector(s) unless they have I think 10.5VDC. It's slipping my mind at the moment for some reason, but they require a lot of juice to even fire.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
My sensor had mud in it and was stuck tilted. I took the shell off and cleaned that bastard and filled it with silicone.

Another thought... I have also had my valves become so tight once that the bike wouldn't start.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My sensor had mud in it and was stuck tilted. I took the shell off and cleaned that bastard and filled it with silicone.

Another thought... I have also had my valves become so tight once that the bike wouldn't start.
I disconnected the battery & took apart the sensor & glued it. Than put it back together & it took a second but fired right up. Working good now

1 - 11 of 11 Posts