YFZ Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer just called me to let me know the PCIII for my YFZ450R was recalled by Yamaha, due to bad wireing.

Anybody else hear of this?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
what is a PCIII?

i cant really help ya, sorry man. But i have no idea what these technical EFI (im guessing) terms are lol

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
ohh i see i see

isnt there a PC5?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The recall was due to the connector that is coming from the PCIII that goes to the fuel injector on the had a extra part of plastic on it you could cut it off and the connection would be find but Yamaha recalled all of the PCIII to get new connectors put on them.

I talked to a Dyno jet rep while trying to find the Dyno jet part numbers for a PCIII and a PCV. Capital Yamaha parts department told me that they should have some PCIII in by mid FEB.

Hope that helps you.

·
Premium Member
12,069 Posts
Thanks for the clarification on what exactly was the reason for the recall. Now maybe my dyno guy won't have to send his in, he can just modify his and not loose any time :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya......... Thanks for the info. I was having a hard time getting the connector together properly, and I thought it was just me. I'll take another look at it tonight and fix it.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I looks like the plug is alright.
The dealer is saying that there is a bad resistor in the Power Comander it's self, that causes the motor to shut off.
This weekend we were having problems with the quad quitting, but it was on a really tight track, so I thought it was just my rider.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts