YFZ Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious to see your guys' input! Its always down to the skill of the rider and on the track and trail who cares? But then again who doesn't love a little drag race!

Recent buddies have been talking about how there gonna wipe my yfz away! There ones is sitting on a big boy.... Renegade 1000 and the other on a yz450f. Ive ridden the 450f and that thing rips. Its a 06 so its not as powerful as say a 2014 but man that thins moves! How do you guys think I will fair against these guys? I know the 450f will pull top end for sure.. I wonder if I can keep up for a few gears at least..

Leave input! were talking a straight drag, no trails or track!

( both the renegade and 450f are stock)

·
Registered
265 Posts
If I were you, I'd tell my buddies I wasn't feeling well and stay home!

That Renegade could probably pull a trailer behind it and still beat you...and you might keep up with the 450f until it hooks...them its lights out.

Go find some new friends who have 450 quads or Raptors if you want a close race.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Race them if you want, its all good fun. If they beat you it doesn't mean your machine is slow. Look at it this way:

The bike has practically no weight so it should beat you
The renegade has over twice the engine displacement. The old saying goes, "no replacement for displacement"

I would say that to them, "oh you're going to brag when your motor is that much bigger than mine? haha Same goes to the bike, no weight with practically the same size motor so duh, he should be able to beat you.

Put them both on a yfz (or 450 with similar mods) and let the skill do the talking. That's the way I look at it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahhhh not exactly what I wanted to hear! hahaha WE LOVE OUR YFZ'S!
Ive seen a few raptor 700s beat the 800 and 1000 so I thought maybe I have a chance lol But yeah its all in good fun anyways. Once you hit the track or some nible trails the Renegade will be worthless. lol Its a bada** machine for big trails and mudding though! I think I will have more of a chance against that.

↑↑(to first comment)
I think the YZ450f will def beat the renegade. I feel I have a better chance against the 1000. Those dirtbikes don't play games lol!:lol

·
Registered
556 Posts
regear to a 15t that helped me keep up on flats

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm with the first guy. It's not even worth time. Those renegades aren't what you think. I've put several miles on an 800 and I believe it would my yfzr up in a straight line up til it runs out of gear. Depends on the rider the bike will have a hard time beating the renegade, just because of the start the renegade will get.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ill have to line it up with these guys and see how I do! Ill let you all know how it compares. I know those renegades are bad ass but I think i have a chance lol If we go from a rolling start i have a feeling that yz450f will just leave us both hahaa

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have a hard time getting by those 1000s in corner to corner drag race. I usually have to out brake them and take them in the turns. From a standing start I think it would be an even drag till one of you runs out of gearing.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the feed back!. Ill just keep my mouth shut until we race haha I know im going up against some fast bikes lolol :lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.