YFZ Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok boys and girls..... I didn't see the gas light and ran her dry :disgust: . Got it back to the pit, filled it up. Wouldn't start. I cycled the pump a few times by turning the key on /off. Started up and died in a few seconds. Finally it ran after a few tries. Ran well for 4-5 laps (ten minutes or so) next thing you know it dies. Start it up, dies in a few seconds. It got progressively worse. Wouldn't start without a little throttle, and when it did it would only run a few seconds. Now I'm at the point where it doesn't start at all. Its obviously not getting fuel. I checked the simple things - dirt in plugs, main fuel hose on the tank, the pump is working. It seems electrical to me. Doesnt really seem like anything is clogged. Any chance this thing threw a code that must be cleared by a dealer's computer?? I didn't get much of a chance to work on it yet, so I need some ideas fellas! Help me out!
Thanks!
Bryan

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
This may sound comletely retarded but..................is it possible that the fuel pump lost it's prime? I have no idea, just wondering if it would be possible for it to have sucked air into the system or something.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well.... technically.... it did. But after I refilled it, and primed it by turning the key on/off a bunch of times, it ran fine for a few minutes. This is what confuses me....

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried... many, many, many times..... :icon_neutral:

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
why dont you choke it for a bit....o thats right dont have one of those. :neener:, try filling it and taking the hose off and hold it up so the air leaves the lines

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so today I tore her apart. Cleaned the throttle body, injector, and everything else that has to do with fuel delivery. None of it was very dirty execpt the air intake side of the TB. Disconnected the neg wire on the battery to reset the computer. Checked the gas vent hose (clean). Put it all back together, primed the system by turning the key 6-7 times. It will not start with just the start button alone. With a slight tap of the throttle it starts up, idles for about 3-4 seconds and is shut off - with the engine light blinking. Now by shutting off, I mean it doesn't die. It gets shut off. It doesn't matter what RPM's or if I'm moving the throttle, it gets shut off. I'm 95% sure this is something electrical. I suppose I'll have to take it to the dealer and have them put the computer on it. Any more ideas?

Mods are Sparks intake and exhaust..... which I do not believe would have anything to do with my problem.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
since its new take it back to the dealer.but i would say its the wire for the injector probably shorting out had a kfx 450 do somthing similiar to this the injection wire chaffed on the fram.

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
it surely sounds like a safety switch deal now, why dont you pull both cables off the battery, let it sit a while, maybe see if something will clear it out.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Problem is solved. Turns out the rollover sensor was messed up. I had siliconed it so the pendulum would not turn over, therefor would allways let me restart upon a rollover. Somehow the pendulum defied the silicone by turning, and would not let the bike run.

I did think about this while checking out the bike, but ruled it out since the bike would actually start and then shut off. With the suzuki, the bike would just crank and crank, not start at all. Also, I hadn't rolled the bike over for it to activate!

So.... all in all..... things are good, and my YFZR runs again! Thanks to everyone for their imput and ideas! :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re-positioned it and put more silicone on it. I think we need to find a way to eliminate these sensors completely......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts