YFZ Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2016 yfz450r with low hours and I checked the oil the other day and the dipstick was dry. So I questioned if it burned oil but it burns perfectly clean and doesn’t blow smoke. Also have never seen oil on the floor after it sits. So I filled it back up, rode it about 2 hours and it is back down to 1/3 of what it should be. So I am wondering what this issue could be? I see some people saying something related to the oil system being clogged and all the oil being pumped and clogged in one section of the motor but would like some more clarification on what this could be.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
All yfz450r will always show empty on the dipstick when cold. U not checkin it correctly. Its not a car.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
The best thing you can do is get a oil case cover from JLS motorsports and you can see your oil level. He has a few options here’s mine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All yfz450r will always show empty on the dipstick when cold. U not checkin it correctly. Its not a car.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I filled it up to the full line on the dipstick when it was cold and then checked it after the ride once it was cold and it was at 1/3 where is the oil going? This is my second time filling it back up I don’t think all that oil would just disappear.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Always check it when the engine is warm. You need to warm it up or it will show empty. It might be overfilled at this point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts