YFZ Central banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i am new to the forum and could use a little help tuning my tps in. My tps was running at 5.5 initially but when i set it at .680-.7 my tps is pretty close to maxxed out one way on the slotted holes as before it was slightly off center. Something doesnt seem right and my check engine light is throwing a 3 blink code saying tps voltage is too low. Do i have the meter set correctly? Is there something i could be missing here? Quad wont even move with the throttle when set in "stock range". Tps Harness is from Peak Racing. Mods are Vortex X10, Dasa exhaust, FCI Intake. Any help is greatly appreciated.
20210410_180802.jpg 20210410_181053.jpg

·
Registered
2019 YFZ450R SE
27 Posts
Do you have the instructions from Peak Racing? Also what elevation do you live in? I checked mine today and was at .679. Went to .680 then .681 and didnt notice tooo much difference. Do you have the 14-current service manual?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have the instructions from Peak Racing? Also what elevation do you live in? I checked mine today and was at .679. Went to .680 then .681 and didnt notice tooo much difference. Do you have the 14-current service manual?
Thank you for the quick response. I do not have the service manual i have been going based off research and videos i found online. I believe i didnt have the meter set correctly but .68 is maxxed out one way its too lean i think im going off wrong readings

·
Registered
271 Posts
Thank you for the quick response. I do not have the service manual i have been going based off research and videos i found online. I believe i didnt have the meter set correctly but .68 is maxxed out one way its too lean i think im going off wrong readings
Message me your email up send it to u

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The tps was set just shy of max (fully counter clockwise) but it idled high once warm so i turned it back slightly and it idled lower than before which i wanted, but i would like to tune it in properly. As i mentioned to kaleb in a message, my reader was set to ohms which i hear now is incorrect as seen in my pictures above. The voltage doesnt show numbers im looking for so im going to try to test with a smaller meter meant more for small items not meant for commercial use and see if i get better results

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live in southern michigan and ride up north so 500-1000 feet above sea level and no instructions with the harness

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Updating post to see if someone chimes in. I bought a new meter no luck. With key off i confirmed to have no voltage at tps to adjust it. Any reason why this could be happening? My next idea will be to remove my vortex and try using my stock cdi and see if that changes anything otherwise im at a loss of what could be causing these troubles for me. Any ideas would be appreciated at this point

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried testing tps with the stock cdi still no luck. I found that i do get power to wire 3 with key switch in the on position but that doesnt help me any considering everything i have read including the service manual say to adjust tps not running with key in the off position. The harness i ordered has the positive wire tieing into the yellow wire going to my vortex which doesnt get any power key on or off. If anyone could give me some input that would be great

Wire #3 (blue) with key on

Wire #2 (Yellow) with key off/on

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay updating post because i got it figured out. When in doubt do it the old school way using little picks instead of trusting a harness. Plugged the sensor in and used two pins off of the ground wire and the center yellow wire with the ignition on and got a relevant reading. For those using this as a reference this is how i found my tps readings for my FI 17 YFZ450r dont know if all tps have the same test procedure but this worked for me. Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts