YFZ Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going this week to pick up my 450r, havent even seen one yet in person. anyone know what the offset is on the stock front wheels? what about the rear wheels?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
im not sure but... ITS THE SEXIEST MACHINE ON THE PLANET! lol its way better in real life, the mag pics just dont do it justice

·
Registered
405 Posts
its 4:1. Most aftermarket wheels are 3:2 meaning they have more offset which makes your quad wider.

·
Registered
405 Posts
the first number is the backspacing which is the middle part of the wheel that your hub meets to the inside. the second number is the distance from the part of the wheel your hub meets to the outside of the wheel. Its measured in inches.

·
Registered
533 Posts
It is actually more like 4:1.5. It is not exact, however. It may be like 4.2:1.3, lol. The stock wheels are 5.5 inches wide, while most aftermarkets are 5. I put 4:1 wheels on the front and lost about .75 - 1 inch in overall width. My buddy with 3:2 gained about an inch.

·
Registered
234 Posts
QUOTE (02raptor_rider @ Mar 2 2009, 06:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=753014
It is actually more like 4:1.5. It is not exact, however. It may be like 4.2:1.3, lol. The stock wheels are 5.5 inches wide, while most aftermarkets are 5. I put 4:1 wheels on the front and lost about .75 - 1 inch in overall width. My buddy with 3:2 gained about an inch.[/b]
Oh ok. I had read somewhere else it was closer but not exact to the other offset. I couldnt seem to find any info on which was the backspacing and which was to the outside and I dont have a wheel handy to measure. Good info. thanks.

Anyone know if adding some width with reduce or improve handling? Probably make it understeer I guess.

·
Registered
533 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
I've got 3:2 wheels. Ride height about 7" at the pegs and 7 1/2" at the front and I'm 49 & 1/2" wide. Handles just fine for me. I never noticed a whole lot of extra bump steer with the wider rims. However when I order new ones I'll be getting the 4:1's. They handle just a tad better, it doesnt make a gigantic difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts