YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a 2013 yfz450r and i run a 15/38 sprocket but i'm changing them to 15/36 i need more top end speed because usually i ride long stretched places and most of the time i do roll racing in second gear so what do you think of the combo ? and will it effect the ride quality? or i will shift less ? also i have the stock length chain do i need to change it ?

Mods are: dasa full exhaust system , k&n air filter, PC5

Rear Tire size: 20*10-9 itp holeshot GNCC

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
You will lose low end but have top end I ran this set up when I raced flat track on a 1/4 mile circle track. You will get longer space between shifting and I believe the stock length worked I can’t remember that for sure. What kind of riding are you doing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will lose low end but have top end I ran this set up when I raced flat track on a 1/4 mile circle track. You will get longer space between shifting and I believe the stock length worked I can’t remember that for sure. What kind of riding are you doing?
mostly open and long places such as dunes

·
Registered
477 Posts
If your riding in dunes a lot then 15/36 probably isn’t going to help. You are pretty much capped on speed with your mods. Especially riding in dunes. No do not try to alter the chain length. Bad idea that could get you hurt. Swapping chains won’t net you anymore top speed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its not dunes I don’t know how to describe it to you. An open desert that’s so long distance like 125 miles only desert I am from Middle East so yeah

No i just asking if i should change the chain length thats it

·
Registered
730 Posts
With the smaller rear sprocket you might need to shorten it a bit but your best bet is to get the sprockets on and then measure with the chain on.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Get 21 inch rear tires !!! More clearance and more speed. THEY DO Make them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts