YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a 2007 yfz450 and it won’t start or crank now I put a new battery in it like 3 times all ready and 2 starter solenoids and one voltage regulator and a new starter and it still won’t start but if I put a Wrench on the 2 bolts on the starter solenoid it will start right up u guys have any tips or anything to help me make it run

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sounds like a safety switch is the problem or the relay. Make sure the safety switches are not stopping the start button from working i.e. neutral switch, throttle switch etc. And make sure the starter relay isn't done for. Could be that the starter switch isn't getting all the necessary voltage to crank over and when you jump the relay with the wrench then its allowing the right voltage to the starter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a safety switch is the problem or the relay. Make sure the safety switches are not stopping the start button from working i.e. neutral switch, throttle switch etc. And make sure the starter relay isn't done for. Could be that the starter switch isn't getting all the necessary voltage to crank over and when you jump the relay with the wrench then its allowing the right voltage to the starter.
Thx man I’ll look but right before that happened the start button works fine and still dose

·
Registered
20 Posts
Are you getting spark when you use the wrench to cross the studs? And are you getting power when you turn the key on?
Another thing I learned is if you get a small piece of wire and go to the startrting cutoff relay it has 4 wire going into this small black box by the battery....put that wire where it's touching the yellow/black wire and the red/black wire and then try using the start button. Just throwing some tips out. Maybe try shorting the throttle switch in the front and or the clutch switch.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Could you do me a favor and post a pic of your stator to harness connection and the pick up coil connection. I'm trying to figure something out on my quad. I wanna make sure mine is hooked up right. It's the wires coming out of the left side of the engine. Plz and ty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts