YFZ Central banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Ya, but the only problem with that is he said his carb worked fine on his buddies quad. So it can't be the spring mod. BTW, I put that mod on my carb and had no problems at all. Now it's just easier to push the thumb throttle. Where did you get your spring from? I got mine from johnhonda on ebay and it works great.[/b]
I ont remember his name but i just saw that johnhonda wasn't seling any at the moment and i wanted one bad so i went for one ike white something and the spring ended up being to light then i orered from jonhonda an it worked out great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
have you checked your head pipe for cracks maybe even the gasket for the header?[/b]
its a new full exhaust that was put on about 3weeks ago and i checked it for everything and had the problem b4 and still have the problem, as for the gasket i did the propane around everything on the quad and it didn't rev anywhere i put it...??????

·
Registered
6 Posts
one thing that i haven't mentioned on here, and i didn't mention it cuz everyone says it has nuthin to do with the rev problem, is that since i've had the high rev problem it has gotten more difficult to start, it always eventually starts but ive had to give it sum throttle and then it starts up and have to hold the throttle for bout 20 secs till it will idle on its own, sorry for not mentioning this but i've been told it had nada to do with it. it used to start right up and idle fine on its own but last summer when i had the high rev problem it was still starting fine without throttle, now i have the rev problem and have the starting issue, i'm really beating my head against the wall with this thing...PLEEZ HELP cuz i dont want to take it to the shop

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
one thing that i haven't mentioned on here, and i didn't mention it cuz everyone says it has nuthin to do with the rev problem, is that since i've had the high rev problem it has gotten more difficult to start, it always eventually starts but ive had to give it sum throttle and then it starts up and have to hold the throttle for bout 20 secs till it will idle on its own, sorry for not mentioning this but i've been told it had nada to do with it. it used to start right up and idle fine on its own but last summer when i had the high rev problem it was still starting fine without throttle, now i have the rev problem and have the starting issue, i'm really beating my head against the wall with this thing...PLEEZ HELP cuz i dont want to take it to the shop[/b]
Did you read the post I left, on the 9th, that I included quote's that other members left me from different forums from when I originally had the same proplem? Go back to the first page of this thread. Hopefully there's something there... Rob.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just bought a 2008 YFZ when I got it home it had the high idle problem. The carb clamp was tight but yet the boot still was able to move on the head. I took the small collars off the clamps on the intake boot. This allows you to tighten the clamps further. This fixed my idle problem. Sucking air equals lean and in this case high idle. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I just bought a 2008 YFZ when I got it home it had the high idle problem. The carb clamp was tight but yet the boot still was able to move on the head. I took the small collars off the clamps on the intake boot. This allows you to tighten the clamps further. This fixed my idle problem. Sucking air equals lean and in this case high idle. Hope this helps.[/b]
I was told that those spacer are there to prevent over tighten to cuase the port to warp. Thats what my dealer told me cuz I had the same issue, but was fix just by tightening the clap with out mod to the spacer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
After reading all the suggestions on this page...(and most all of them are very valid)... I have one more item for yall to keep in mind/ check ;
Ive seen quite a few slide wear to the point they cause irratic idle.
Ive seen this on several different machines...(both Yamaha and other brands) so it makes me think maybe its a normal issue on the fcr to keep in mind...
Sorry if this helps no one just thought id mention it....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 yz450f efi Starts and runs great till it warms up and then it will take all by itself at a somewhat high idle does anyone have any idea why

·
Registered
2 Posts
The bike starts fine and idles fine. Once I touch the throttle she stays at a high rev. When I put the bike in gear and release the clucth she goes back down to a nice idle or if i'm riding and I come to a stop with the clutch in or out she idles high. What the hell is that...The stock settings did this and then I jetted her. 168m,45pj and 5th clip with 2 turns out. Still the high revs. Any help would be cool, i'll try anything at this point. Thanks...
Get ya a new throttle cable I had the same problem

21 - 31 of 31 Posts