YFZ Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will sound stupid, but last year I bought the 2020 yfz450r se. up until today I thought it had the same motor as the 450 motocross bike but come to find out it’s not. My question is why isn’t it the same as the bike as far as compression. My understanding is the bike has more hp and curious to why they didn’t just put that motor in the quad.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
The bikes are made for track use only and the quads are made to be used in more places so I think they are made to epa standards. I could be completely wrong but it sounds good to me lol
If you really want the bike motor rp race makes a conversion kit that is pretty sweet to put the bike motor into the quad

·
Registered
2019 YFZ450R SE
27 Posts
The bikes are made for track use only and the quads are made to be used in more places so I think they are made to epa standards. I could be completely wrong but it sounds good to me lol
If you really want the bike motor rp race makes a conversion kit that is pretty sweet to put the bike motor into the quad
Damn, not a cheap kit either. And that intake is sic AF. Never heard of anyone using it but Kinda feel like the stainless would retain heat more than the FCI intake would. Definitely wanna look into that throttle body though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How much total did it cost you? Says $2600 for the kit but I'm assuming that's without the engine? I'm now very interested in this. conversion....
$2600 for the kit (intake, engine mounts, exhaust, fuel tank, etc)

$4000 for a 2019 crate yz450 engine with electronics

I also sold my stock engine and everything else that comes off it for around $3200. So all in im around $3500 total. I found a killer deal on the yz450 engine so that’s really the only reason I decided to do this project.

·
Registered
2019 YFZ450R SE
27 Posts
$2600 for the kit (intake, engine mounts, exhaust, fuel tank, etc)

$4000 for a 2019 crate yz450 engine with electronics

I also sold my stock engine and everything else that comes off it for around $3200. So all in im around $3500 total. I found a killer deal on the yz450 engine so that’s really the only reason I decided to do this project.
Damn. Wish I hadn't seen this honestly cuz now I kinda wanna drop everything and go this route. Away I got off the deep end researching all this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts