YFZ Central banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Start counting from the leanest position(top)3rd clip is richer than 2nd,more the needle come out of the seat the more fuel it dumps .I belive my stock needle was a ndsr,ndsr or something like that on my 05 carb.Ncvq needle really puts the fuel where it needs to be,really consider that upgrade if your ripping it apart.Yami dealer should have them in stock.The settings I have in my signature are for the fall/winter months in Pa, at sealevel, 50*and down

·
Super Moderator
3,106 Posts
I'm baffled... Here's the jetting on the 2 '06's that we have:
42p 170m 3rd clip 2.0 out - Dasa Pipe
45p 168m 3rd clip 2.0 out - GYTR Pipe

both have FCI's.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
A good starting point for any piped 450,no lid/modified airbox, stock or cam modded bike would be 168 main,45 pilot,2-2.5 turns, and a ncvq needle 3rd clip.).Depending on how good you know your motor more power can be pulled by leaning/riching mixture from there.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I'm baffled... Here's the jetting on the 2 '06's that we have:
42p 170m 3rd clip 2.0 out - Dasa Pipe
45p 168m 3rd clip 2.0 out - GYTR Pipe

both have FCI's.

That's really not a big difference in the 2 jetting.

·
Super Moderator
3,106 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Yup ive tried a 168 main with a 45 pilot and same thing. This is just so frustrating at this point. I guess i will just get the ncvq needle and go from there? I have a 2004 yz250f which im pretty sure has the same carb and ive never had it apart and that thing rips out on the track! This is my first quad coming from dirtbike past so i guess its just a cures haha

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Heres the needle that was in it. It has no markings at all so i have no idea what it is. I ordered the NCVQ needle and i should get it wendsday. I will put the 45 pilot back in and bump the main up to a 165 i guess. Any idea where to start of on the clip on the NCVQ needle?

·
Super Moderator
3,106 Posts
I would start 3rd from the top. Good luck I think I might be almost as frustrated as you with this. Remember to test while riding, checking in neutral won't tell you the whole story.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Ok I put the 45 pilot back In and the 162 main. In the process I was wondering what this #90 jet is right next to them and the purpose? Also getting the ncvq needle tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
What he said carb cleaner brake cleaner anything highly flammable spray around carb rubber boot while running if bike idle increases you have a leak check frok cracks and loose clamps

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I bought this bike a while ago and it runs great starts right up never cuts out the only thing it does it backfire/shoot flames all the time which is extremely annoying. I have sprayed carb cleaner all around the boot while running with no affect and reseated the boot dozens of times with no prevail. And im running a slip on gytr exhaust (previous owner removed spark arrestor). I Have had several people tell me that its the exhaust causing the problems but i dont wanna go out and by a $250 pipe just to have it do the same thing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
drill the rivets out of your can and repack it regardless sounds like thats the problem if you have been through everything else packing is cheap just get a hold of a rivet gun (cheap new) and some packing first and go at it let us know

41 - 60 of 68 Posts