YFZ Central banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Slide in upside down? Happens lots to ppl
Was my next question, but that normally causes more than just popping. Mainly hard starts, and it running poorly when it does start ... hmmmm...???

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It dosnt run poorly at all! On a cold start only takes a minute to warm up then it idles fine. When riding at the track and on the trails it has no hesitation at all and dosnt cut out at all. Runs great other than the annoying popping.

·
Super Moderator
3,106 Posts
It dosnt run poorly at all! On a cold start only takes a minute to warm up then it idles fine. When riding at the track and on the trails it has no hesitation at all and dosnt cut out at all. Runs great other than the annoying popping.
Leaning towards an air leak, check the header and and boots.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
ok thanks. I checked the boot and there is no leak there. But i dont know how you would check for a leak at the header?

·
Super Moderator
3,106 Posts
Make sure the header studs are tight, is their a gasket at the slip joint?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I checked the header and it dosnt appear to be leaking and i tightend up the header studs although they were already tight. Heres some pictures of it in case im missing something. I also took a picture of where the slip on meets the header. Maybe thats leaking??? I also took a better video of the flames. Its weird becuase sometimes they are blue and sharp, sometimes they are orange and real big, and sometimes it pops with no flame at all. Once again thanks for the help!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXsqjNH5EbM&list=UUSCiA0qWLf7fJDzo3StTuJw

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,106 Posts
What is the current jetting in the video?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
42 pilot, 162 main, 2 turns out fuel scrw, needle is on 5th clip.
I know your probably gonna say im too lean and to go to a 45 pilot and a165 main or bigger but ive already tried that.

·
Super Moderator
3,106 Posts
Try going up on the clip. make one change at a time and see if it helps. I would have said 42p is too lean until we had mine on the dyno and ended up with a 42p in it. LOL

·
Super Moderator
3,106 Posts
When you tried the 165m what was the clip on?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Rich on the needle.My 42p runs perfect at sea level down to 50*

3rd clip and try it if you havent

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
When my bike jetting is perfect I need the choke cold start only.Im running the ncvq and 1 clip makes a huge difference if you know what your looking for.You have too much fuel from somewhere sitting around on the decel

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
ok i actually dont know the brand of needle in it now. But i do know it has 7 different slots for the clip. When i tried the 165 main it was in the 4th clip. So in the centerslot 4 up or 4 down however you look at it. Currently its in the 5thclip from the bottom which would make it slightly leaner Right???

·
Super Moderator
3,106 Posts
lower the clip = richer.

I need to read completely, your 2nd clip from the top ( fat end )?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
exactly so since i have it on the 5th clip counting up frm the bottom that would make it slightly leaner. What do you suggest trying? Plus i didnt think the needle would have much affect on the flames becuase it only comes in to play from 1/4 throttle and up? Thanks for the fast response!

·
Super Moderator
3,106 Posts
Is there any letters on the needle? we no it's not stock because 06 & up were non adjustable.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I dont know i guess i will tear down the carb again(7th time) tomorrow or sunday. I will check the needle to see what it is. For now what do you suggest changing if anything while i got the carb pulled? Also yeah its defiantly not stock cause i got the stock one sitten next to me. Says NGNR and only has one clip position.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts