YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any idea how the yfz is gonna stand up to the rigors of desert racing? I'm thinking about leaning more towards desert now than mx, but i don't want to have a quad that's gonna bust up all the time

·
Registered
625 Posts
I think as long as you would do all the things to it that you would do to another quad for running in the desert you would be fine. The good thing about this quad is it redlines like a 2-stroke so I think that would be good for the desert.
Isaac

·
Registered
210 Posts
i bought mine to race out in the desert. i went and road it out in barstow last weekend and it works great. just needs a little more ground cleance. so i am putting on the 22 in the rear and 23 in the fronts. should give it the clearance i need. hills, rocks, washes not a problem. if you prep it right you'll have no problems racing it in the desert!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
The YFZ wilil be a good desert racer. IMO I think the DS though is probably one of the best desert racers. If you get the desert parts the YFZ would be a great desert racer.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Just not sure how they are going to make the larger gas tank, unless you butcher your front plastics like the raptor. :disgust

Other than that I too plan on racing some D-38 Fud races in southern Ca with my YFZ, and maybe even a couple of SCORE Int. races....we'll see, I'm really liking the MX scene right now.

·
Registered
210 Posts
i talked to the guys from ims and the idea they had was to replace the upper plastic above the tank with the larger tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts