YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
They are 4 mm diameter, .7 mm thread pitch, and 12 mm long. They are a relatively common size. I replaced mine with allen heads! Much easier to get to and no more stripped phillips heads.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I replaced mine with allen heads! Much easier to get to and no more stripped phillips heads.

Good tip. You should post it in the T&T section. Those little screws are a [email protected] to get out. Allen head good.....

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by JoelK@Jan 18 2004, 04:59 AM
I replaced mine with allen heads! Much easier to get to and no more stripped phillips heads.
I did the same thing just to save headaches later.

Cause after I ride with the methanol I take the bowl off to clean everything up real good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JoelK,

I have 4 mm diameter, .7 mm thread pitch, and 10 mm long, I was wondering if the 10mm length would work? Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
If I remember correctly two holes are OK with 10mm, and the two in the rear are kind of short. It might be OK but I wouldn't do it myself (wouldn't want to pull the threads out of the carb body). If you have to cut down longer screws to match the stockers.

P.S. I bought 10mm first myself, but decided not to use them :cry

·
Registered
30 Posts
Replace those crappy screws as fast as you can. $7000 for a quad and they put the cheapest screws in it they could find. Tip:Use the P2 size Phillips head scredriver, put it in the screw and give the end of the screwdriver a good tap with your hammer. This will seat the screwdriver into the screw and you should not have any trouble with stripping. Then take those POS screws to the dealer and get him to give you some made from a harder metal. That's what I did and I could not have been happier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts