·
Registered
625 Posts
Medication time. :uhoh :uhoh :uhoh

Geoff

·
Registered
23 Posts
Try bleeding them if not get some braided lines much better feel tougher and look trick, i've already got some for when i get my yfz, highly recommend them ;)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Yours must be F'ed up because the brakes on my YFZs are awesome. They are quoted by others to be the best brakes on a bike to date also.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I could lock mine up on blacktop, but I'd go over the bars :uhoh

·
Registered
983 Posts
I was washing my YFZ the other day and noticed a Bubble whilesqueezing the front brake. The bubble came out of the left side of the Brake rezzy bewteen the main body and the lid. there seems to be a slight imperfection in the fit between the lid and the rez body. anybody else have this? The brake seem to work fine and the fluid level is normal and not declining. i have never removed the rezzy cover so dont know if there is a rubber seal that covers the whole thing or not. im fairly alarmed here so let me know what i should do other than the obvious dealer visit.

-Seatec

·
Registered
812 Posts
Sounds to me like somebody didn't put your cover on correctly. It should have a rubber gasket around it. My brakes seem to work really well. Did bleeding work?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Thats just it. the brakes work fine and the oil level stays constant. Dees the dealer have to fill and bleed the brake lines prior to delivery or does the factory do that?
trying to find out who messed it up.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
I believe the brakes come complete from the factory. Just take your lid off, if you have not already done so, and look around in there. Then make sure you properly seat it again with the rubber gasket and check on it for the next few days to make sure it's kosher.

And YFZCentral work on your grip so can actually squeeze the brake handle...... You may have to head to bed an extra half hour early to accomplish this :wtf 8| :lol

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hehe, im well past that stage muchacho. 8)

i will flip the lid off today and see if i can identify the problem. i think it might just be nicked and have to have my dealer get me a new seal. I just hope the reservoir isnt nicked.

should be covered though right?

·
Registered
812 Posts
I would think it would be covered if the reservoir has a problem or the gasket. I know I have had to bleed two of my Raptors brakes, so it wouldn't surprise me if that is the case.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
:angry My rear brakes squeak like crazy. i dont know how to fix that....they actually work fine but that squeaking gets annoying

·
Registered
56 Posts
My rear brake on my YFZ450 makes a funny squeak too. I've tried everything to stop it but nothing works. The funny thing about it is that my Raptor has the same squeak in the rear brake. I guess it makes sense because the YFZ and Raptor have the same rear brake.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts