YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock air filter is already starting to tear. I bought a aftermarket air filter made by GYT-R. Does anybody know if it's any good. is there a better one out there? Should I have just got another stock one. The foam was tearing off where it snugs uo to the intake. Don't ask me why.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I switched to a Banshee K&N. You need to buy the pro design plate, and the banshee k&n. You need to remove stock filter and cut out the cage it mounts to. Then you mount the plate to the box and the filter to the plate. Took about 1 1/2 hours total and works great. Dont forget the outer wear for the k&n. :D

·
Registered
625 Posts
alba is selling the UM Performance airboxes with the K&N's in them. They are pricey at 300 but that is next on my list.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Ive got pro design on order,

Geoff.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by Oregon450@Aug 31 2003, 09:55 PM
I switched to a Banshee K&N. You need to buy the pro design plate, and the banshee k&n. You need to remove stock filter and cut out  the cage it mounts to. Then you mount the plate to the box and the filter to the plate. Took about 1 1/2 hours total and works great. Dont forget the outer wear for the k&n.  :D
Oregon450:

How does the plate mount on the bike? I want to completely remove my air filter box - or as much as I can. If I need to leave some of the box there to support the Pro Design plate, fine.

Got pics?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts