YFZ Central banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well while i was putting my yfz back together today,i thought about somthing, i wonder if the wiring harness will work off a yz450 it sure dosnt have as many connections that arnt being used, i understand the bike dosnt have elec. start. but if u run kick only will it work? has anyone tried it yet?? maybe the wr450 will work with elec. start????

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hey yogi! Come out of that cave!

You can tear the stock harness to shreds and modify the hell out of it and save yerself tons-o-dough. About the only thing I'd want from the YZ450F would be the same rev limit. Other than that, my "new' harness is very simplified.

I emailed a diagram to the boss here, but haven't been given a link to it to post for ya'll. Oh well, you've probably all seen it elsewhere.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i guess i could do that , i just wondered if it would work, my 250r harness was only like 4 short wires, doubtful i can get this one down to that but i will try.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Check your email Asher.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Yeah, me too selector...and how do u swap rev limiters. Whats the difference in the one from the YZ and the YFZ....thanx. Oh yeah, im at aol.com

·
Registered
274 Posts
could you please send me the wiring harness map to [email protected] also. thanks guys.

and would the YZ cdi or rev limiter mount right up or no.

i also heard a rumor that you could just clip i think its the grey wire and that eliminates the rev limiter period. if im wrong please correct me.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by DigitMXTracks@Nov 20 2003, 07:30 PM
could you please send me the wiring harness map to [email protected] also. thanks guys.

and would the YZ cdi or rev limiter mount right up or no.

i also heard a rumor that you could just clip i think its the grey wire and that eliminates the rev limiter period. if im wrong please correct me.
The gray wire is a WR trick - there's no gray wire on the YFZ.

·
Registered
625 Posts
The yz cdi fits easily under the hood unplug the yfz & plug in the yz it raises the rev limit to 11000.
Sounds like a good idea in theory as once you've done the cam mod the standard cdi mapping doesn't match.
I was going to go that way but the price was that high I thought I would be better off buying the vortex cdi,which was programed to suit the cam mod.
I would be interested to hear of anyone that tries the yzcdi.

Geoff.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have both a 04 YZ450F and a YFZ450 so I can try the switch but right now my YFZ is in the shop having the shift drum looked at. So I will have to wait till I get it back.

·
Registered
152 Posts
you guys want a real rev box? two words, Big Gun.Big Gun has a awsome new rev box. I have yet to try it but i have seen the proto type rev box leave stock rev boxs. 3 bike links is alot.A freind of mine Darrell Patton pull a 3 bike link lead on 2 other stock yfzs to pull a hole shot. Did i mention the guys he beat were Kory Ellis and a yamaha test rider. Kory ended up beating him in the race on his new white yfz that was completly stock.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Originally posted by selector@Nov 19 2003, 08:25 PM
Hey yogi! Come out of that cave!

You can tear the stock harness to shreds and modify the hell out of it and save yerself tons-o-dough. About the only thing I'd want from the YZ450F would be the same rev limit. Other than that, my "new' harness is very simplified.

I emailed a diagram to the boss here, but haven't been given a link to it to post for ya'll. Oh well, you've probably all seen it elsewhere.
Selector,

Did you ever get that diagram posted anywhere?

.brit

1 - 13 of 13 Posts