YFZ Central banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one.. I am new in this great forum and I have some Quistions.

I was an Built R Rider ... and I want to buy a new Quad..

I bought a 04 banshee and directly I pumped it with around 4400$ of mod's before I ride it :evilgrin ... all from trinity & Toomy and it was a beast..(Trinity 420 big bore Kit 5mm Long Rod Kit *K&N Filter *pipes Trinity Stage IV pro head with 22cc Dome C *Trinity sure shift* Performance clutch Kit + Hinson clutch basket * Trinity clutch Lock-Up Performance Kit * Modified side cover on the clutch side*Trinity Stage IV Timing Plate *V-Force Reed Cage *Trinity Stage IV 1/2 " Reed Spacers*Dyna Programmable Ignition *water Pump*stage IV Full Porting( special) *T5 Radiator* NGK Plug cables 81+Hp on dyno..!!)

I sold it already to one of my friends as he liked it and he want to have the same... so I told him mine is ready and he can buy it... I did not lose any money on it and I made a good profit on what I spent.. so it is gone.

I like a modified banshee and I like The power ..

But now I dont know ... should I buy a banshee again and do the same or mod on it.. or should I go for the YFZ.

I know they are not the same 2 stroke and 4 stroke a duner & Drager with a racer. But They are both a quad..!! :evil

Note : I am not aracer.. I ride in desert + dunes+ wide open area.. do big air + long wheelies + some freestyle + Long ride with groups..(70 miles ride sometimes)

I want to know more about a YFZ.. I want a long story about this new generation machine...

How is it on Track?
How is it on trail?
How is it in a desert?
How is it as a duner?
How is it in Hill climping..?
How is it for jumping ..?( as I know the banshee jumps like a crap :bawl )..!!
How is it in wheelie?
How is it in cornering..?
How is it in very hard curving at the top of a dune..?
How is it fro freestyle..?
How Fast is it..?
is it faster then stock Banshee..?
is it top more than a banshee..?
if both stock and in drag line .. which one will win..?
IS the power enough so I dont need to modified the engine..?
How far I can modified it..?( no problem for the money..if it is worth it I can spend double of the dealer Price in it)
What are the main problems in this Quad..?
For the first days .. How can I modified it ( the jetting the filter and the baffle... what is the changes)
Where can I find a wider +4 A- Arms.. +4wider Axle ( 50" for the width)

There is more and mor questions in my mind but I think you all get it... I need a story ..!!

Thanx :what

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
wheelies easily with a blip of the throttle, it is awsome on the track, it jumps liek a dream and feels like a feather. come up short and you feel very little, same with over shooting a landing. you won't need +4 a arms. it is already 44" wide out front and 46" in the rear. lonestar has hookups for this. this thing will have the power like a shee. it just pulls pulls and pulls even harder. grab some LSr a arms,axle, maybe stem depending on height, sand tires with new rims, and a curtis sparks or HMF exhaust and your ready to go.

PST: the white ones are faster :evilgrin :evilgrin

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No That is a joke I know... But I want to know more...

Please I am on a hurry I want to buy a quad so I can join my Group

I will make it easy ... I know every thing about the banshee but I dont know anyhing about the YFZ.... and I want o buy one of them so which one will be better ...faster...and so on..!! :re

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Well a modded YFZ will never be as fast as a modded banshee, it just can't happen. Stock for stock I bet they are next to identical in power and the better rider will come out on top. For jumping, the Banshee cannot hold a candle to the YFZ. If you don't plan on racing then you'll have no need to modify the suspension, because the stock suspension on the YFZ is just as good as many of the aftermarket brands. The only mods I would do is a full pipe, cam mod, remove the airbox lid, and rejet. You can have more than 50 Hp doing this, and it's all usable, not like the banshee's where it's more of an on / off switch ya' know......Plus you'll never have to mix gas again.......Yup I'm getting lazy. I would buy the YFZ over the banshee even if I was just into the dunes, simply because it is a more versatile atv. You can putt around with your family, and you can haul a$$ with your friends.

For aftermarket a-arms, you can go with Burgard (they are on this site) or Lonestar racing (PM me I'll give you a number to call for a good price) I am running there DC4 long travels and my bike will sit at about 49.8 inches wide. Also LSR makes the rear axles too.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Check out the video's on the front page of this site to get kind of an idea how the YFZ looks in the dirt and sand.

It will out handle a Banshee, and will probably beat one stock. Its probably one of the better handling if not the best handling stock quad on the market for the price. People can't stop talking about the YFZ. With the cam mod, pipe, removed air lid, and rejet, it should make around 50hp right off the show room floor. Like others have said this is useable power all through out the powerband, its not just peak power. I really don't think you'd be sorry for buying a YFZ450.

Oh, and get the blue! They're better looking. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So for the power and the speed the mod banshee will win but for allover the YFZ will be the best...

Ok lets say the YFZ.. The first step of mods with out extra money will be

1- Remove the filter led
2- jetting
3- remove the baffle ( How can I..? )

any more power with the above mod's..? or I just heard it wrong..?

Oh...what about the long ride with YFZ.. is it ok..? I mean if I join with banshee's group.. who will refill gas first.. me or they..?

on climping a huge hill ( bigger than chockchery & devil hill ( all the banshee's can made it easly).. can I do so..?

I need more more please..

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
ok.....first Mod's (freebie's)

Remove airfilter lid
Take baffle out of back of muffler (8mm socket on the underside of the tip of the exhaust is where the bolt is located)
Cam mod. The instructions to do this are in the reveiw's section of this website.

You'll have to buy a jet kit to rejet your carb. www.jdjetting.com is a good jet kit.

I would buy an exhaust (full system)

After those mods, you'll be just at or over 50HP depending on your tuning skills.

You should be able to keep wth the modded banshees since they use more gas than you will. IMS will becoming out with a desert (hi-capacity) tank shortly thoug. The YFZ should be able to make it up any hill put in front of it, that is all rider skill, you'll have the HP, you just have to learn how to apply it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I heard that YFZ like to be a smaller Raptor ... is it true..? and someone said to me .. I was very far to think about this Quad ..and I should forget everything and think about Raptor...

But I know .. the man thanks his horse.. and like his baby....

Lets forget about him... I do care about the YFZ only for now..

you remember -I think- the TRX250R.... can we say the YFZ rides like the R..? or fast like the R..? or it is something else..?

·
Registered
625 Posts
hey man if you want you can give me a call and I can shed some serious light on your questions. I have owned R's for the last 12 yrs and I now have a YFZ. PM me and I will give you my phone number and I can tell you everything you want to know.

·
Registered
812 Posts
The YFZ is a better all around bike period. The only thing I can think of that I like better on the Banshee is that it will beat the YFZ in hill shoots and that's about it and it doesn't beat it by much and my Banshee is very modded, compared to my freebies modded YFZ minus the cam mod.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts