YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Compared to a relatively stock(pipe,airbox,air filter) 250R How does the YFZ match up?

Top speed?
Out of tight corners?
Whoops?
Fast tight woods?

Thanx

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
i dnt know the answers to all ur questions but people that were on R's and wouldnt switch for anything are switching to the YFZ...... theyre callin it the next "R"..... but as of top speed, i dnt know the R's..... it tight corners, the YFZ is gunna win cuz of the 4-stroke torque....... in woops, i assume the YFZ becuase of the suspension and tonce again, the 4-stroke torque..... unless u skip them, but then the YFZ's suepsnion woulda take that betetr than the R's..... and fast tight woods, i hav no idea, but the 4-stroke torque mite come in handy again..... but ride em both and let us know wat u thought :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
I switched from a 310 r with +2 arms and a +4 swing arm and all the other goodies I had the R for ten years in varius stages I love the R to death period

I now have the Yfz it handles similar. i like the yfz better

the power the yzf in my opinion has more than stock piped honda ...but no where the power of my 310 piped ported reeds carb ...sorry

I see a lot of potential in my 450 :woo

I sold the R for 6000 bucks it was OLD the 450 is the new kid on the block

I was burning 8 gallons of race fuel a day in the honda @ 4.50 a galolon plus mix

no I burn 2-3 gallons of super @ 2.10 a gallon

IT just all made since

:rock

·
Registered
625 Posts
I have owned over a dozen full-blown race R's in my life and the YFZ is better than all of them when it comes to the track. As soon as I get my shocks done it will be better at the dunes as well.
Isaac

·
Registered
333 Posts
my brothers 250r can beat me in a straight line drag... when mine was stock.. havnt raced yet... but mine corners brakes and jumps better then his...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Well i have an 88 310R,,,,,,,,,,its a good bike,,,,but i sure like my YFZ ALOT better :lol

Id sell my 88----- if it wasnt for the huge loss id take on it :angry Oh well it can set in the shop :lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts