YFZ Central banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i might have to trade in my kfx400/ltz400 long story lol well i was wodring what is the yfz450 compared to the kfx400 or z400 and have u riden a kfx400 or z400? also what is the yfz450 com[ppared to other yamahas same feel?

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I have, now my wife has a Z400 with pro-flow, K&N, and Trinity racing Full Pipe, my new YFZ pulls it pretty good and it is totally STOCK. I have since took the lid off the airbox, removed the baffle, and it feels like a whole new bike, but we have not raced yet again.

By the way we ran the Z against the YFZ many times and even switched bikes and the results were still the same.

YFZ all the way, I would sell my Z but my wifes likes the reverse.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I have a KFX and a YFZ. They are both stock, except I removed the spark arrestor from the YFZ. The YFZ is better in all categories, but it is also $1,000 more. I think the YFZ is worth every penny. The suspension and handling alone makes it worth it to me, not to mention the motor.

·
Registered
333 Posts
totally new and improved bike compared to other yammie quads ive ridden...

ive been on a raptor banshee warrior and blaster...

dosnt compare to any of them

league of its own!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I too have a KFX and YFZ. The KFX has turned into the wife's quad. I will comment on the feel since no one has touched on it yet. The KFX has a much higher ride. The seat is much softer and the quad feels more top heavy. The YFZ has more of an aggressive feel. You sit much lower (which makes no reverse, no big deal...just put your feet down and push :lol ), the quad slides much easier, high siding is virtually non-existant so far, and it has a much lower tendancey to wheelie to the sky when traction is plentiful. On the other hand, it has so much power, it tends to lift the front tires a couple inches in hard riding situations, which causes a loss of turning traction on occasion. Overall, there is not one thing I would change about the YFZ except a larger fuel tank. Both share a 2.6 gallon tank, and obviously the YFZ eats fuel much faster. I could almost go a day of hard riding w/ the KFX w/o any fuel issues. The YFZ needs to be topped off after each hard ride to be safe. Another great difference is suspension and how it affects handling in whoops. Here in Florida, whoops are EVERYWHERE. I could get over about a dozen whoops at a good pace w/ the KFX before getting exhausted....I can go at least 3-4 times longer over the whoops on the YFZ w/o the fatigue.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I owned a 02 raptor before getting my yfz a month ago. Wow, this quad does everything better than the raptor except reverse. I am willing to give up reverse for the gains in handling and quickness over my raptor. The yfz doesnt feel tippy, or wheelie happy like the rappy. The yfz is soooo much more controlable. :yfz

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i can imagine what the yfz450 feels like to ride and if im right i dont like it lol but i well have to test one for sure i need a good quad that can keep up with me i like the comfort of the kfx400 but i could really use more power i meen alot more power lol well keep on posting i well keep on reading thx for the reply's :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
now for the truth that i know all of you well be surpised i think lol

im 13

lol bet ya dident see that coming well i still ride hard and i am racing next season in a mix class with pros beginers n so on well thx gian for the replys keep on posting!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts