YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently picked up a 2006 YFZ450 and have been trying to work out a few wiring kinks. The main issue is the start button is unresponsive. But, the quad starts and runs perfect when jumping the two large posts on the solenoid. The neutral light on the dash also works correctly leading me to believe that it is not a safety switch. I have taken the multi switch completely apart and cleaned it, looked fine even before cleaning. New starter solenoid and relay also, I redid the 3 wire connection at the solenoid as it was questionable. But I have confirmed that the starter button, when pressed and key on, sends 12volts to the starter solenoids blue/black stripe wire. However, I believe the yellow/black stripe wire on the solenoid needs to ground in order to energize the solenoid which it does not ground out. So my problem may be in the grounding side of the solenoid wiring.. I have cleaned the main ground on the case. I have all of the plastics removed tracing wires but this has me scratching my head. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all

·
Registered
871 Posts
I haven’t done wiring on these in a long time but did you check the black wire connection right by the negative battery terminal?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts