YFZ Central banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i know what most of you guys are going to say but im looking to get a new uqad in the next two months and i dont know which one to go with. i wont be riding that much mx but these are the two quads i have got it down to. the bigger gas tank is def. an advantage for the honda and also a little larger displacement which i know ill make little or no difference at all. but i will be mostly in trails and that larger gas tank is huge. for the yami it is already shirt term tested and everyone loves it. also it has the electric which means it would be easier for me knowing i wouldnt be putting the kick start on to lose wieght. please help me out. thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry so my question is what should i do go get the yami which i have been i fan of after having an old dirtbike and also an old warrior or should i cross over to the honda. i know i can get a bigger tank for the yami but it is like $250 extra bucks i could spend somewhere else

·
Registered
149 Posts
well..im not flamin you bro..but this is a yfz site..so i dont think many people on here will tell you to buy otherwise..just my .02

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know what your sayin and i knew that going into writing the post i was jus seeing if ne 1 would help ..... obv some guys will be pissed that im even asking the ? but thats cool. i have trouble making big decisions and i just dont one go one way or the other and then look back on it and regret it

·
Registered
34 Posts
I personally will be waiting to ride both. I'm not brand loyal at all, the 450r is going to be close to the same calibur of 4 wheeler as the YFZ450 so I need to check them both out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
glad to know im not the only one that doesnt know what to do. i just wish they would go ahead and get the honda out already. i heard somewhere it would be the end of next wekk they start shipping so people will be getting them within a matter of a couple weeks

·
Registered
182 Posts
You will be happy either way....I love my yfz and I wouldn't mind if the honda was a 1/2 mph faster or what not...These quads are going to be very close either way you can't go wrong!

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
look and if you can ride both of them and YOU make the decision on which one YOU like.

YOU have to ride it and only YOU know what YOU will like.

What I like really doesn't mater on how you spend your money.

Heck, I could like Grizzlys and not even be a sport fanatic.. does that mean you should purchase a grizzly,,, no

Oh,, considering fuel range on the YFZ,, I would say your limit is around 65 miles at fast trail riding speeds.. thats been my experience.. 3rd, 4th and 5th gear stuff.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I think they'll both have advantages. You'll just have to figure out what's more important to you. Sorry that wasn't much help, but good luck on your decision.

·
Registered
921 Posts
its ganns take around 1000 to make the honda cme anywhere close to the yami, plus it not legal to race in the 250class :rock :yfz

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by yfzthumpa@Nov 18 2003, 07:04 AM
...plus it not legal to race in the 250class
It's not? I thought that full 450cc 4-strokes were legal now.

·
Registered
773 Posts
The choice is yours. You'll be the one standing @ the dealer looking at 'em and wondering what they'll look like in your garage, or on your truck or whatever.

Just get whichever you like the best.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Couple of suggestions:

If you mainly trail ride, the Honda is going to be a little more comfortable because the freakin seat on the Yamaha is hard as a frying pan.

BUT, if you trail ride, the kick start is going to be a pain in the arse

If you are into drags, the Yamaha is going to be faster, I know this because the YZ motor is a little more top end geared than the CRF. We had the opportunity to race a CRF (dirtbike motor) quad this weekend and the YFZ with just a slip on was faster.

The CRF will probably have a little more bottom end grunt, just because of the design of the motor (another reason why the yamaha will more than likely be a little faster on top)

Basically, try to ride both before you decide. I will tell you this, in stock form I hated my YFZ, it is just too damned chocked up from the factory. This can be easily fixed with an 8mm wrench and a 2 buck jet.

If you are mainlyinto trail riding (I know I am going to get yelled at for this) you may want to look into a Z400/KFX400. They DO NOT have the power the Yamaha has or the new CRF, but they have electric start and are very comfortable in the trails. Just be carefull if you do go that route to have the frame gussetted if you plan on running any MX.

Good luck with your decision.

Scott

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks a lot you guys for not rippin me a new one. i guess it jus has to come down to hoping both dealers will let me test ride when they get the honda in and i will go from there

·
Registered
38 Posts
ok this is just a question, the yfz has dual overhead cam, the crf on has single, dose this mean there will be no came mod thing for the crf?

·
Registered
294 Posts
You can get a more aggressive cam from Honda Racing. It will be offered as a kit with a different air box lid, jets, and a couple other little things for like 300 bucks. From what I have heard, it will give the CRF/TRX a nice little boost in power.

Scott

1 - 17 of 17 Posts