Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my quad is not runnng right
i have narrowed it down to a couple things
either the spark plug or other electrical componetns
or possibly the jetting but i think it is ecletrical
when it runs it will start rough and often stall
then acts like it wont warm up like a fowling plug you know you hit the gas and it kinda just stumbles
i had a blaster do this to me two times in the past and both times it was the cdi box
thats why i lean toward electrical
anyone else have this problem
only mod is i pulled out the baffle thats it ! cant afford much else

·
Registered
631 Posts
ifit ran fine before you pulled the baffle out either put it back in or rejet. this things come jeted stock pretty lean so it don't take much mods before you are in the extremely lean area. i wuld suggest you rejet regardless if you put the peashooter back in or not. just my .02

andy

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
maybe its somethin simple like your plug or even your idle speed.

·
Registered
318 Posts
its simple rejet, and get a new plug, depending on what u mean by it stumbles off idle when u punch it. Thats normal all 450s do that.
kev

--------
450mods
zps fronts
lsr dc-4 a-arms
rpm axle
cam mod
arens nerfs
kill switch

·
Registered
474 Posts
Remeber K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid) always look at the easiest fix first. then your work your way into it. I'd check the plug first, then go on from there. If it's not the plug it'll be easy to tell and won't take much time or money to figure it out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
yeah i pulled my baffle of and my 450 runs like ass..i guess i need to jet after you have been runing it for a while pull your choke out and hit the gas mine seems to run fine after that so im guessing i should jet it but i dunno how much fatter?

hey whodini you dident go to mmi did you/ one of my teachers there used to say that

·
Registered
31 Posts
jet it.............all I have is the cam mod, rejetted, baffle pulled, and air box lid off. Best $20 mod there is.........counting the yz450f needle. Gave some starting problems, so we turned up the idle. Fires up every time. :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
took it to the dealer they determined that it was jetted wrong ( no kidding kinda figrued that ) also it had a bad "coil pack " the plug cap so they are taking one off the floor model and i will be hooked up and ready to roll good deal to i dont owe anyting :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts