YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After sitting on one at the local stealership a few weeks ago I was like :lol , then I saw one at the local mx track then it was :O . Now I want to sell my 'shee so I can get my a fo fiddy :evilgrin . I have a couple questions first though, my riding consist of gravel roads, hill climb, trails, open fields and 50%mx.... the yfz will be better and faster than my 'shee right??? I have pipes, reeds, filter, front elkas, flipped front rims and rear spacers. Will I need a-arms, axles and shocks etc. to race some mx, won't be going pro or anything. How does it hill climb and will I miss my 'shees power if I sell it and get this??

Mike

·
Registered
212 Posts
I think you like the 450 better....my friends that have drag banshees tha have rode mine said that would be their choice for a play bike...consider they drag....

I ride dunes ....and its all I have ever needed in a bike hills trails jumps it does it all.....

it even can do some hill racin....though its not gonna win ever time its gonna get most if not all the 4 strokes ans some of the 2 stroke guys.....

I sold my R and the only regret I have is not having both damn

·
Registered
446 Posts
Pull the baffle and lid, rejet and the power will be comparable. The suspension and handling will be better than what you have on the 'shee and it only gets better. I was beating shees in a flat drag with those mods that had pipes, filter and reeds. Since then I added a K&N and a pipe...much better. I also have yeet to do the free cam mod.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Well I don't know how this can effect your desion ,but my friend rode my YFZ today. Hence the reason his 400ex is going into the autotrader tomorrow. And from local experiance, There is this one hill where no else goes up but the motorcycle riders and YFZ's.

·
Registered
38 Posts
well the only advice i can give you is ...........YES YOU WILL MISS THE POWER THE WAY A SHEE HITS!!

nothing in the quad world with just pipes... k & n... and rejetted is even close to the hit of a shee.

my neighbor has a yfz with the gytr full system, k & n filter the carb jetted perfect, the cam mod not advanced, the one from the YZ, one tooth down in the front and one tooth up in the back with a did x-ring chain and the bike is SWEET!!!

however, it doesn't hit.......feel.or explode up a dune ANYTHING LIKE A SHEE!! for the type of riding you are doing the yfz wouls probably be a better bike. BUT you will miss the HIT of the shee. TRUST ME!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My 'shee doesn't really HIT w/ the low-end pipes but the powerband its just wild enough to wear me out in 3 laps around the track. I LOVE GOING BIG!!! and even w/ the elkas and -2.5 swingarm on my 'shee I just can't throw it around like that 450. Every bit of info is welcome...keep it coming.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by jbplays+Nov 7 2003, 11:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jbplays @ Nov 7 2003, 11:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--justinyfz@Nov 7 2003, 03:21 PM
i have a yfz mine suck wait till the hondas comes out
Thats a new one on me. Everybody I know, including me, that owns a yfz loves it. Please explain that post. [/b]
:stupid the YFZ is going to beat the honda neways... hondas always been slower and always will be :re :lol

·
Registered
631 Posts
ive owned both shees & own a yfz now i prefer the yfz. if you know somebody that will let you ride their yfz do that first & make your own decision. but i think you will be happy with the yfz

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think I finally scored a job for 11.50$/hour (which ain't bad considering i'm only 18). I'll be gone 5 days a week so I can save mad cash that way. Thanks for all your help guys. ONE MORE QUESTION: Any body near north tx wanna meat up and ride so I can try out a 450 and you can try out a HEAVILY modded 'shee??? :lol

Mike

·
Registered
65 Posts
Originally posted by OREGONSHEE@Nov 24 2003, 04:28 PM
lets just say they haven't raced me!!!

shee + dunes= WINNER!!!

:stupid

ok doesnt matter the video shows the shee being stompted its in there i forgot which one and u can have pipes and junk but pipes dont do that much only if its a good quad in my opinion.

mike

·
Registered
295 Posts
Well...

I have only ridden one Banshee, but I have raced two different ones on flat ground, know what? I smoked them both. In 150 yards I was beating them by 7 or 8 lengths. Neither were stock mind you, you know pipes, reeds, jets, etc. I also know that the Shee doesn't jump as well, or handle as well cause when we got on the track, I beat him even worse. I would say definetely get the yfz, you won't regret it.

Maxx

·
Registered
38 Posts
i agree 100 %.........if you are going to do MX or GNCC you should buy a YFZ hands down.

But if you are talking about modding a quad with as much as you can do to it and money is no object (or in time you could save to do a project) the YFZ will never hang with a shee. the motor can make 100 hp.........come on now.be real!!

and my shee has ALOT MORE than pipes and reeds. SO BRING IT OUT TO THE DUNES!!!!! :woo

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just purchased the 450 last week. I had a z400. It had +2 arms, tripple rates w/rezzy and was a nice handling bike but was lacking in power. It only had a pipe, jets, kn, 13/41, so there was room for improvement but in races up olds it couldn't hang with the banshee's or raptors my friends had.

My friends raptor, with alba pipe, kn, jets, would beat just about anything that wasn't a built 250r, banshee, or raptor. He runs 22 edge tires with 12/44. It was amazing how fast it would go, and really depressing if you know what I mean. Anyway, the last month we have gone twice, and with the introduction of the 450 things have change. These things are wickedly fast. A 450 with pipe, kn, jets, can take him by 3-5 bikes up olds. I never thought that was possible. The banshee's are even farther behind, like 6-9 bikes. If it was only one bike, I would think well they just lied but I have seen at least a dozen that are that fast, it can't be they all have built motors in this short of time. My other friend just got his banshee back, had the heads ported, new carbs, pipes, reeds, it was fast and the hit was hard. There were two 450's that he raced and they both hung with him.

At Hill 5, we call it MF, I think it is the hill past Lizard Slide, I saw a 450 take the hill without paddles, stock dirt, and climb it in 3rd gear. He actually beat two banshee's with paddles. On my z400, if the sand was soft I had to down shift from 3rd to second just to make the hill, if it was worked sand I would carry 3rd.It was amazing. That was the point where I knew I needed one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I NEED to ride one of these things!!!!! :rock

Mike

·
Registered
28 Posts
QUESTION: Any body near north tx wanna meat up and ride so I can try out a 450 and you can try out a HEAVILY modded 'shee???

Im in Dallas, and will be going to Muenster Friday all day. Look for Gray four door Dodge and Blue YFZ.
Or on Saturday, going trailing with a friend at Texoma, and maybe Bonham.

email at [email protected] or [email protected]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Damd.... I'm gonna be outa town saturday and going to badlands just outa celeste on sunday.... if your into mx the practice time is 11-4 www.badlandsmx.com.

Thanks for the offer!!!

Mike

1 - 20 of 20 Posts