YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My YFZ 450 will eventually die when running on full choke or half. It will idle high like it's supposed to but then it will begin to run rough after a couple seconds and die. Is it supposed to do that or is there something wrong?

·
Super Moderator
3,149 Posts
Sounds like you're flooding it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not pressing the throttle when it's on choke though. It's like its flooding itself out

·
Registered
180 Posts
choke is generally a short term thing, maybe your airscrew needs tweaking?

·
Super Moderator
3,149 Posts
Choke is used when starting cold if needed, it riches the system. If you need the choke to keep it running then your jetting is off.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't need choke to keep it running its just that it will start to run rough while on choke. I'm better of pressing the throttle on no choke to keep it running. It's a pain to start

·
Registered
858 Posts
Choke is pretty much just to get the initial start. It's not going to idle real good for very long on choke and I see that as normal. I start mine on choke, and it's good for 15 seconds or so then I push the choke off. Maybe you need to bump your idle up a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.