YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are pics from last weekend's atv drag racing. Hope you like them cz I had a blast racing that day!

This was a bad take off

I like this picture

·
Registered
570 Posts
Cool Pics. 8) Looks like a lot of fun. I would like to ride snow sometime but we don't get any in Phoenix. :lol

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah snow is awsome to do roosts in. As long as there isnt too much snow. I just wish it was sand instead!

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
looks like a blast man!!! we aint go no snow down here :cry

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah my rear tires where hooking up great! So great that I couldnt do a second gear start! I lost my first drag race when I did that. Good thing it was just a practice. The drag races where held in Ontario. It was fun!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Blaster 91 i was wondering if you half to put a tube in the tire after you stud the back? Or what do you do? I want to stud a set also with pickes. Any heip is appreciated :O

·
Registered
551 Posts
Originally posted by Blaster91@Feb 16 2004, 03:50 PM
Yeah my rear tires where hooking up great! So great that I couldnt do a second gear start! I lost my first drag race when I did that. Good thing it was just a practice. The drag races where held in Ontario. It was fun!
what kind of studs are you using
can you bolt in bear klaws like on a sled

·
Registered
21 Posts
good pics...

bc bud u can use snowmobile stud if u want for ice..
I drag race mine 450 and have dry wall screws for studs..work great.....taking off is tricky not to stand it up but anyone i raced hasn't touched me so far...
raced predators, 400ex, and banshees......

·
Registered
237 Posts
blaster 91 used the same principle as me for studding tires i used 50 woody's gold digger studs that were 1.5 inches long and i used a bead of silicone around the head of the stud be fore tightening them up blaster 91 used bolts instead but hey whatever works is good enough right

·
Registered
237 Posts
i just used silicone around the hea of the stud and the backs haven't leaked yet but the fronts i would get tubes for

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks alot. I think i will just put screws in the front tires. Is there anything i can learn about studding the back? How did you do your pattern? Thanks

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
yea i need to find a way to stud the rears

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Nice pics

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just one more question? :D How many sled studdes should i put in a 21 inch tire? If someone can tell me how many they run it will give me a idea!!!!!!! Thanks for all the help!!!!!1 :rock

·
Registered
21 Posts
the front u normally just use the screw in studs..
for snowmobile studs in rear usually a v pattern works good...
runs smoother than a straight or curved pattern...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a couple friends who used snowmobile studs and one used 48 studs-24 each tire
another with a banshee used 60 studs-30 each tire.

with my 450 I have dry wall screw put through the tires with 7 or 8 lbs. each tire....
just make sure each tire has around the same lbs. of screws.... after screws are in u use a layer of carpet or some material glued to the inside of tires to protect tubes....takes a while but works great if u plan to do ice drags.......not good for doing donuts on ice or anything like that........will flip if u try it ever with the drywall screws...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts