YFZ Central banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, hows it goin? My awesome parents decided to get me a YFZ and instead of going into the dealer contemplating on weather to get the white or blue one, I would like to hear how they compare (if that doesn't sound too stupid :| ). See, I do my riding in the 4 corners area which contains trails, woods, track, dunes, flats, and desert. My question is, If i get a white one will dust and scratches show a lot easier from trail riding and all of the above, than the blue one? or will the blue one get stress marks like my cousins warrior? I appreciate any responses, thanks guys! :yfz

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by 1208@Aug 26 2003, 11:35 PM
umm... no thank you? :wtf
:lol he was just messin w/ u man cuz i think he was wondering the same thing.... lol..... i do know that the blue will get stress marks.. and my white Z does have a lil dirt in the scratches but u can get it out..... later man

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
get white, there faster! :lol ok on a serious note....blue looks really nice....NEW....after a few rides it turns to purple and the plastic starts to turn to crap with stress marks and everything. Now the white looks fricken awesome! Its white so you wont see stress marks but you may see the dirt a tad more, but nothing a good cleaning wont get out. If I had to pick (and i did...hehe) id go with white. :woo

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
The blue one!!!!

It's faster :blah

unless you just want to take a bunch of worthless pictures to show off your AC garabage, and matching sissy exhaust..... :lol :lol

It's really your choice though, I bought blue because I "thought" I would ruin the plastics too quick on an MX track with the mud..... :re

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
I've already told you.....I will whip you on my grandma's bone stock 400EX.......Bring your "white" one with your cherry exhaust, and make sure you bring some good excuses too....Mr. I can't work the clutch..... :bawl :bawl

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Get the Blue......would Kory Ellis ride the slower bike? Didn't think so..... :eek :eek

On a serious note though, The white will show more dirt inside the scratches and knicks, but they won't show the stress marks that the blues will show. Your kind of damn'd if you do, and damn'd if you don't. Also alot of the white owners are saying there precious red paint is wearing off fast, as for the silver framed bikes, it's not that noticable.....just food for though. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
heh, sorry bout that bob, just sounded a little creepy - lol
Anyway, you're right about the lose - lose situation with the paint n' such...so I think I'll go with which ever one is closest to me when we walk in the door ;) . Oh yea, im paying half way because of all the summer work that I did at Quizno's. Hey - thanks again for all the replies, I hope to see you on the trail. :rock

·
Registered
321 Posts
Originally posted by 1208@Aug 26 2003, 03:08 PM
................. I do my riding in the 4 corners area which contains trails, woods, track, dunes, flats, and desert.
4 corners area.....where at.??????? Im in the fourcorners area also,,,(Dolores, Colorado),,,,,,i have a white one.........

yes white shows dirt real easy where you knee rubs the tank,,etc........but comes right off with some wesleys bleach white........and the blue,like any dark color,,,,,,,,will show stress marks when stressed.....LOL

Let me know where you are at.......maybe we can hook up and ride sometime,,,,,,,,,we are going out the whitewash dunes by green river Utah over labor day..........

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I live in Chandler, AZ but most of my family lives in a place called Tohatchi, NM...which is about 30 miles north of Gallup, NM. when we go riding we also go to farmington, so... I was saying dunes because Buttercup sand dunes is half a days drive from here. Riding with other people is always cool, were going up this weekend and thats when were picking up the 450. Later ;)

·
Registered
812 Posts
I chose white because I have owned a couple of blue Raptors and they show the stress marks so easily and I didn't like that, but I think you'll be happy with either, they both have their pros and cons.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Originally posted by 1208@Aug 26 2003, 08:07 PM
I live in Chandler, AZ but most of my family lives in a place called Tohatchi, NM...which is about 30 miles north of Gallup, NM. when we go riding we also go to farmington, so... I was saying dunes because Buttercup sand dunes is half a days drive from here. Riding with other people is always cool, were going up this weekend and thats when were picking up the 450. Later ;)
cool...i know where all those places are,,,,,,Did you go to the red rock arena cross this year in Gallup????,it was pretty hot out there,,,,,,,,,but they kept th etrack very well groomed,,,,,,,and there was this little 50 doing the finish line jump,,,,,pretty sick,,,,

...you should get to some of the races like in Red Mesa, Chinle, or Shonto......and i heard that they are going to make a track in Page....

Any how farmington is fun,,,,,,the runs up the sand hill....thats wht i live for down there...........LOL. Maybe i will see you there later on in the fall.......

Later,,,,,,and BTW get the red/white one ;)

CW

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
I got blue cuz I race on a couple pure clay mx tracks and white wouldn't hold its beauty after a few races. The plastic is actually pretty stiff so they don't stress easily like shees do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts