YFZ Central banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the local track today after work, so I could start breaking in th YFZ. First off I love this bike. The power band feels more like my 2-strokes w/ more lowend, and for no mods at all (none to the pipe, or airbox) the bike flys. I dragged it against my friends Z400, and some guy on a 400ex, by the end of the straight on the track I was 3-4 bike lengths ahead and gaining(the straight was probably les than 100 yards). I felt super comfortable after about a half of a lap, the suspension felt like the harder I jumped, and pushed it the better it responded. In the air the bike was very predictable, and easy to correct.

Here are some pics from earlier today.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
do you think this bike can be raced at a local amateur level with just a slip on pipe and no suspension mods?? you look like you know what your doing on it so i just thought that i'd ask

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you think this bike can be raced at a local amateur level with just a slip on pipe and no suspension mods?? you look like you know what your doing on it so i just thought that i'd ask
Definitly. At an amatuer race you'll have more power and just as good of suspension as alot of the modded quads you'll be up against. I was only breaking my bike in when I raced against my friend's z400, and this guy on a 400ex. The guy on the 400ex was pretty close the whole time, but I wasn't even close to pushing this bikes limit, and he was giving that 400 all it had to keep up. This bike should be perfect for amateur racing. And of course as you get better you can always upgrade too.......bottom line, I think it will do better than any other bike in stock form, and even mildly modded form.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The track is in Sierra Vista, AZ and the track is called Nomads. It's a pretty fun track, especially on race day. You should go to www.goazriding.com There is alot of good info about all the tracks in AZ, and on the message board there is a quad forum, where alot of us riders in AZ plan things out ad get the info on quad racing.........check it out, it's alot of good info for AZ riders.

·
Registered
467 Posts
i'm gonna be skying one out tomorrow morning, i'll make sure the dude gets some sick pics :lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts