YFZ Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read some topic on this, but i am not 100% sure.

What part of the old yfz fit on the new yfzr.

I know that lt shocks will fit on stock a-arm.
Will a old yfz cylinder will fit on the new yfzr?
What about, motor mounts, vortex cdi, precision damper, axle?
Help me out plz. We could just make a list so everybody will knows what fit and what doesnt.
Thank you
Ben
P.s sorry for my english, i am from canada.

·
Registered
950 Posts

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
yea man what part of canada you from?

we got the nova scotian and 2 albertans lol including me

and i dont think the YFZR shocks will fot on the stock YFZ arms

doubt the motor mounts and the cylinder. CDI deffinitely not, that remaps the ignition mapping for the YFZ, not YFZR, completely different. And the dampner and axle should fit

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am from quebec!

i have actually a yfz 07, i just wanted to know what part of my old one will fit on the new one.

any orther answer?

thank you

·
Registered
234 Posts
QUOTE (benltr @ Feb 17 2009, 09:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=747368
i am from quebec!

i have actually a yfz 07, i just wanted to know what part of my old one will fit on the new one.

any orther answer?

thank you[/b]
I just got back from Quebec. Short trip to tremblant and a night trip to montreal. Beautiful, but COLD! anyways, I don't think there are that many parts that will fit. I think that the longer travel length will keep the shocks from working, the mounting points may be different as well.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
The cyl. and head will fit, but won't work. The oil passage to the cams is now internal.
You can send your Precision dampener to Precision, and they will update it to the YFZR mount.
The levers will exchange.
The rear hubs will fit, but you will be 1" narrower.
A "slip on" pipe will fit.
Brakes are the same.
A YFZ axle will fit, if you also use the YFZ carrier and sprocket/brake hubs.
Tires and wheels exchange.
Rear grab bar fits.
The YFZ clutch cable fits, and is actually a better choice if you go with an aftermarket perch assy.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
The external "Y" shaped tube to put oil in the top end of the YFZ is not on the YFZR. It's done internaly. The Cyl. itself may work, but the head won't.

You'll have to call Precision. I inquired about it, but haven't done it yet.

Axle.......... only if you use all the YFZ parts.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I also did some research and I found out that my after market gas cap from my 06 YFZ will fit the new R....so...thats a relief. I was told thats atleast 2 horse power :mhihi:

·
Registered
429 Posts
ill the old grab bar with the fender mounts work??

·
Registered
59 Posts
swapping parts

I have some yfzR parts wondering if they will fit an 07' yfz. houser suspension nerf bars, with maybe a little modification if any? & a fireball yfzR steering stem?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I have some yfzR parts wondering if they will fit an 07' yfz. houser suspension nerf bars, with maybe a little modification if any? & a fireball yfzR steering stem?
probably more than a little modification. i have the suspension nerfs on my ltr450, and they're a little more "machine specific" than other models of nerf bars.

if the stem will work, you will need the flag as well, the yfzR stem/flag has a different spline than the yfz450/raptor 700 stem/flag.

i really wouldn't recommend trying to interchange these parts that weren't meant to be interchangeable. i wouldn't compromise safety.

·
Registered
1 Posts
need a biger batery then stock because i put cam and now there more compresion and there not enought power in the batery to turn the motor over fast enought what can i use ????

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
need a biger batery then stock because i put cam and now there more compresion and there not enought power in the batery to turn the motor over fast enought what can i use ????
this is wrong place to ask a question like that...

start a new thread in the section that pertains to your quad.

and cams dont add compression.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts