YFZ Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
So I am finding the throttle on my 2009 YFZ450 Carburettor to be stiff. I have removed the spring from the throttle assembly but I feel its still stiff , especially when compared to my friends YFZ450R (also 2009 but EFI). I was hoping to know if it would be possible to swap my current throttle assembly with one from the YFZ450R?

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Buy a Honda trx90 throttle it will bolt right on. I traded my r throttle for one and love it. It will be way cheaper.if u decide u still want a r throttle message me I got one off my 2020 450r

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kaleb! I just ordered one. Is there a forum with detailed instructions on how to install it? Sorry but I am a newbie and would be really grateful if i could find a tutorial

·
Registered
33 Posts
Another option is to get a softer TB spring from BNR and get an Urmosi throttle. Complete game changer. Fully adjustable.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thanks Kaleb! I just ordered one. Is there a forum with detailed instructions on how to install it? Sorry but I am a newbie and would be really grateful if i could find a tutorial
Its real simple just unscrew throttle cable and screw it in to honda throttle and boom ur done

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I’m interested in the urmosi but I’m not sure how I feel about the thumb part being bare and grooved

·
Registered
285 Posts
I’m interested in the urmosi but I’m not sure how I feel about the thumb part being bare and grooved
I got my throttle off Craigslist and it made a huge difference I was dead set on the urmosi until I found a parts bike on craigslist and got one before I dropped 300 on the urmosi and I am perfectly happy with the honda throttle

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Get a custom color of your choice heat shrink tubing and a hair dryer or lighter and it should be better.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts