YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning on installing a time cert to repair the problem. But my question is how do you lower the lower subframe? Instead of removing the whole engine. Ive heard you can just lower the subframe to have a straight shot at the drain plug hole. Does anyone have any insight how to do this? thanks Dustin

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Have to remove the foot pegs (and one more bolt on each side behind the foot peg, the lower engine mount bolt (underneath the engine), four bolts right below the front engine mount brackets and two bolts at the very front of the frame.

All of that will allow you to drop it, but you will have to find some way to support it because at that point the lower a-arms will be disconnected which is the lower mount of your front shocks. If you have an overhead lift it would help tremendously.

Just know that a lot of those torx bits come out very hard and quite often strip heads so you might have your hands full there.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Im planning on installing a time cert to repair the problem. But my question is how do you lower the lower subframe? Instead of removing the whole engine. Ive heard you can just lower the subframe to have a straight shot at the drain plug hole. Does anyone have any insight how to do this? thanks Dustin
Kilroy has a post somewhere detailing how he swapped out the lower frame section. Gotta search 4 it.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Kilroy has a post somewhere detailing how he swapped out the lower frame section. Gotta search 4 it.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts