Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas what could be the problem.
I have a 2005 yfz450 with lid and stock exhaust
Main jet 158
Pilot jet 42
Needle on fourth clip
When i start the quad it will start up no problem but it will not idle with choke pushed in, im guessing its too lean, but then i changed jets and it was to rich and still wouldnt idle with pushed in choke, but when i press the gas throttle it will bog out no matter if its rich or lean, it might sometimes even rev up itself and just stay reving

im completely lost on what to do

·
Registered
3 Posts
What have you done with the air mixture screw? What do you mean by “then I changed the jets”? If we know where ya went with your jetting (up/down...sideways) then we might be able to deduce the cause. With the choke pulled out, you’re richening the mixture. It stands to reason that you’re running damn lean. Especially if your RPMs are hanging like you describe. Anytime you’re tuning a carb, start with the air mixture screw, and work your way up the throttle curve (as it pertains to the components involved at that point). If you change your main jet without having addressed everything prior, you’re back to square one when setting your air mixture screw again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts