YFZ Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spark and gas. Wont crank cold. Will crank after it gets hot but struggles a little. And if it sits over 25-30mins it wont crank again. I didnt think it was timing bevause it does push start...Timing has been checked though and is good. Carb has been cleaned. Starter has been tested as well. Any more suggestions I'm running out of ideas. Oh an idk if this matters but it will back fire a little not too bad when letting off and down shifting.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Verify when hot you still have spark?

When you say wont crank....are you saying turn over and or like crank as like in fire ?

Usually when they act like this it's due to flooding are you sure your float height is right and not filling the chamber full of gas?

M

·
Registered
703 Posts
Needs a stator.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Ohm meter....but keep in mind I've tested hundreds of stator's on PWC's that may show good when cold...but once it heats up and expands a little...could have breaks in the wires....

Test it and see what your readings are with a GOOD ohm meter.

M

·
Registered
508 Posts
The stator is what gives/creates spark right? Is there a way to test it though without removing it I would rather not take the whole side off it I Dont have to... Any thoughts guy?
Yep check resistance through the plug coming out of the engine on the stator side.

M

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
You say you´ve checked your timing, but have you checked your valve clearance? I would look there. I like to set mine at five thousandths and eight thousandths for the intake and exhaust, respectively. Your symptoms are typical of a machine requiring more valve clearance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.