YFZ Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone im new to this site. i was tuned in by a good friend of mine. i own a 2007 yfz and for the most part im very happy with the bike. but i have alot of questions so i guess im in the right place. so the new yfz450r is out. what a heart breaker. i thought for just a lil bit i was one of the many owners of the best bike in the world. i see how it has been changed. that new bike is so sick! its totally race ready! im afraid of my bike being discontinued i dont want it to be "a clapped out bike" do you guys think this is going to happen?

·
Registered
950 Posts
I sure hope not haha.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I doubt it will be discontinued... At least not anytime soon...

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
Yeah, Yamaha has never been bad to discontinue quads when they come out with something else. Just look at the Banshee, they made them from '87 to (I think) '06.

·
Registered
234 Posts
QUOTE (gtilley45 @ Feb 21 2009, 11:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=749001
Yeah, Yamaha has never been bad to discontinue quads when they come out with something else. Just look at the Banshee, they made them from '87 to (I think) '06.[/b]
I don't think it will be discontinued because there are still plently of guys what want a carb'd setup because thats what their used to. I'm almost regretting dropping what I did on my R because I see a bunch of places selling the 08 leftovers for 5k. That's quite a difference. I thought i'd just want to keep my R stock, now im looking at new A arms, exhuast, wheels and tires, bumpers, bars... lol.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (swoyekr @ Feb 21 2009, 10:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=749046
I don't think it will be discontinued because there are still plently of guys what want a carb'd setup because thats what their used to. I'm almost regretting dropping what I did on my R because I see a bunch of places selling the 08 leftovers for 5k. That's quite a difference. I thought i'd just want to keep my R stock, now im looking at new A arms, exhuast, wheels and tires, bumpers, bars... lol.[/b]

really? i thought the r was all set up? your not happy with it? i would say pipe air filter tires and maybe shocks but why a-arms? hmmm long travel?

·
Registered
234 Posts
QUOTE (drewqua @ Feb 21 2009, 11:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=749234
really? i thought the r was all set up? your not happy with it? i would say pipe air filter tires and maybe shocks but why a-arms? hmmm long travel?[/b]
There's nothing wrong with it, i've spent alot of time on it over the past two weeks and I feel very comfortable with it. I like the clearance that the houser racing arms have, they are by no means a necessity, just on the list haha.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sorry guys,the YFZ will be gone once all the inventory is gone,they are no longer producing a chassis or motor in the older design(they of course will keep them around to sell for repairs).You cant say the YFZ is being discontinued,just evolving.Yamaha could release a narrower version of the R for the cross country crowd.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts