YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone i need some help i have a 2004 yfz450 gyrt whit motor work i have replaced the wiring harness with a head light eliminator harness i had it running and runnning good the problem im having is i went for a ride the bike dies on me and the push button would not work to start it over once it died and now im not getting any spark if i bypass the starter relay i can get it to turn over just cant get it to turn over with the push button and i still have no spark please help

THX

·
Registered
550 Posts
bro check the starter relay. mine was bad sounds like the same M.O.

as for no spark..... i have no fliping idea!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey were did you move this page to sorry im new at this site and the realy is good i also checked the stator its kicking out power wheni crank it i also have power going to everything but the TPS the coil and the starter button any idea where to start?

thx for the comments keep em commin

·
Registered
116 Posts
It sounds to me like a bad CDI and starter relay.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok thx hey what does the CDI countrol and do? and to i just check it with a test light to see if i have power comming in and power going out?

·
Registered
116 Posts
The cdi controls the spark and timing. You will need to get a hold of one that you know works. but you need to figure out your cranking issue first. If you jump the relay to many times you could fry the cdi again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts