YFZ Central banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all the yfz's have them including the normal yfz?
I'm planning on getting a 2006 yfz 450 from a friend of mine in a trade
Just curious if the 2006 has fuel injection.
Also is there anything I should know about the YFZ's?
and one last thing.I'm getting a trinity stage IV slip on,is it necessary to have the trinity headers too or will the slip on by it self make the quad sound loud and monstrous?

·
Registered
595 Posts
No the 06YFZ does not have fuel injection. Only from 09 did theYFZ450 R get fuel injection.

There is a lot that you should know about the YFZ but that you will learn with time and with tinkering.

Dont get the trinity exhaust, there are really some better stuff out there. It will make your bike louder yes and no it is not necesarry to get the header the slip is what makes the sound.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
If you get the 06 do the oil mod or ask them if it has been done, if you want to know what it is/does use the search. I like DASA as far as pipes go.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was getting the trinity for free because a friend of mine has an extra and im getting it dirt cheap and he has the same exhaust and sounds loud.Maybe I'll get a different pipe later on but for now its gunna be a trinity since I don't want to run the gay stock exhaust.
well thanks for the help guys and ill check what the oil mod is once I get the bike sam68.If theirs anyone else out there that wants to recommend me some yfz stuff go ahead
:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I'm not sure but I think the 2006 YFZ is carborated but I would recommend the dr D pipe because those are the best for speed and power.

·
Registered
814 Posts
CDI, ECU is for the newer EFI Yfz450r

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'm not sure I follow your first question but to perform better it depends on what is done to it already.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts