YFZ Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a yfz 450 that when you press the gas quickly from idle it dies almost every single time and if it doesn't it bogs pretty bad. When I ease into it and rev it quick it doesn't bog and revs fine. It's only from idle that it does it. And also when I ease into it and rev it it will come down from idle not popping but at the last second it will pop not loud but it pops. But it dies when I give it has really quick at idle it won't do anything but die. I can't even go blub blub blue and take off it dies every single time? I don't know what to do

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also forgot to mention that I have the zip tie mod done and it still doesn't affect it. It still dies as soon as the throttle is pressed quick

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will a carb clean really help it? From what I heard with other posts it has something to do with the jets. Or air fuel mixture screw. Or the tps and also the accelerator pump

·
Registered
23 Posts
Same thing happens on my 09 i just got, if I ease into the throttle from idle it's fine. It's got exhaust intake and a EFI tuner, from what I've been reading that issue seems quite common with these bikes

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a race bike I don't think it should be doing that though. I really want to solve this because it is really annoying

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will get to cleaning the carb. But here's what it's doing so I can explain it better.
From idle to about 1/4 throttle when I press it quick it dies. Only while idling though. When I'm ridding it it's fine. Also when on decel it pops a couple times. Also when I hold the throttle at about a quarter throttle it bogs / stumbles but will not die. Once past that it's fine but it's in every gear that it does that. Also the Rpms seem to stay high when I shift. They seem to not go down when I shift. So maybe that has something to do with it. I also have the airbox lid off

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.