YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i was wondering is it ok if i take off the coolant hold at the back of the quad beside the oil overflow on the left side of the quad because the place where you connect the rubber hose to the radiator from the coolant box has broken off and i have heard that they dont have a purpose anyway is this true?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Unless you start to weep out the water-pump or blow a head gasket, I would say the system is sealed and there is nowhere else for you to lose coolant, therefore, why do you need the reservoir. Good question. Are you trying to lose weight? How often do you check your overheat light and coolant level?

·
Registered
38 Posts
It's a recovery system just like any liquid cool vehicle. The bottle is there for a reason, as the coolant expands with heat and exceeds the spring pressure in your radiator cap; coolant is pushed to the tank. Reverse happens when the system temp/pressure decreases, draws coolant back in.

You can run without the bottle if you top off your radiator every ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.