YFZ Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:angry Yfz has been been sitting a while, About two weeks ago I changed the oil ,Cleaned the carb And installed a kick start kit..
I took a quick ride after I was done and the bike just didnt run well at all , Seemed very low on power. I just figured card was clogged or possibly old fuel etc . Today I come from vacation and there is puddle of yellowish white oily sustenance under the motor( Looks like I forgot the oring on the lower oil line)
When I checked the oil resey the oil is perfectly clean ? What is going on ?
Could it be a head gasket, float stuck on carb , water pump leak?
Im lost and just reaching out to see if anyone else has seen some thing like this , before I tear the motor down looking for the answer :angry:angry:angry

·
Registered
508 Posts
:angry Yfz has been been sitting a while, About two weeks ago I changed the oil ,Cleaned the carb And installed a kick start kit..
I took a quick ride after I was done and the bike just didnt run well at all , Seemed very low on power. I just figured card was clogged or possibly old fuel etc . Today I come from vacation and there is puddle of yellowish white oily sustenance under the motor( Looks like I forgot the oring on the lower oil line)
When I checked the oil resey the oil is perfectly clean ? What is going on ?
Could it be a head gasket, float stuck on carb , water pump leak?
Im lost and just reaching out to see if anyone else has seen some thing like this , before I tear the motor down looking for the answer :angry:angry:angry
Are you sure it's not brake fluid....it has a yellow color once it starts to get moisture...the more moisture in it...the "Browner" it gets.

M

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didnt think of that!! I did change the rear break pads and put a braided line on the back That day ...
The oil leak I defiantly tho How much mixed break fluid would It take ?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Prob not much ...brake fluid .... I bet you got a leaking banjo bolt...or had some run off that ended up on the garage!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.